vip722k power cord replacement?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Melba Aguilar

Original poster
Hey guys. I just joined the site, and am hoping you can help me out!

I -just- received a new DVR receiver for my dish. My husband left it alone with the dogs for 15 minutes and they promptly ate the power cord. It's the vip722k. The power cord isn't detachable, and the wires inside are stripped and cut (so no wrapping with electrical tape and hoping for the best haha.) Is there any way for me to replace it?

Hey guys. I just joined the site, and am hoping you can help me out!

I -just- received a new DVR receiver for my dish. My husband left it alone with the dogs for 15 minutes and they promptly ate the power cord. It's the vip722k. The power cord isn't detachable, and the wires inside are stripped and cut (so no wrapping with electrical tape and hoping for the best haha.) Is there any way for me to replace it?
If you have a good repair shop in your area a tech can open the box and solder on a new cable. When you turn the leased box in you may get charged for being inside the box. You can call DISH and explain the circumstances but they can asses damages for neglience with their receiver. At least the phone call is free.

I don't think there are any seals on the lid of a 722k. So a competent repair shop could easily solder in a new cord.

I would cut the cord at the box and call Dish to complain that you received a receiver without a power cord! How in the hell are you supposed to power it up, ha ha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)