ViP77 issues with EHD. Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zaytron

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Question about EHD. I got a 2TB EHD and connected to my ViP722 (do all the reformating etc) and start tranferring movies to the EHD before my Hopper upgrade tomorrow.
It transfer about 50GB of data and then start giving tranferring errors.
Now I lost connection with my EHD and have to unplug and plug the USB cable to see the EHD. Then when I try to tranfer a file, its show the time remaining start the transfer and half way give me the transferring error. Its like at the middle pf the transfer the connection between receiver and EHD is lost. And have to do the unplug and plug again to see te files on the EHD.
Its this is a common problem of the ViP722 or I may have a damage EHD? Thanks

Question about EHD. I got a 2TB EHD and connected to my ViP722 (do all the reformating etc) and start tranferring movies to the EHD before my Hopper upgrade tomorrow.
It transfer about 50GB of data and then start giving tranferring errors.
Now I lost connection with my EHD and have to unplug and plug the USB cable to see the EHD. Then when I try to tranfer a file, its show the time remaining start the transfer and half way give me the transferring error. Its like at the middle pf the transfer the connection between receiver and EHD is lost. And have to do the unplug and plug again to see te files on the EHD.
Its this is a common problem of the ViP722 or I may have a damage EHD? Thanks

This isn't a common problem with the 722. Can you try using another USB cable? What is the model of your EHD, and does it have it's own power supply?

Is a 2TB Western Digital with power supply cable.
I mean it start recording and then stop and give me tranfer error messages.

A moment of silence, please, for that late great collection of platters, and all the bits and bytes upon them.

Prior to the actual lowering into the ground, I would try a different cable. Then try to return as much programming as possible to the DVR. Then get a different EHD, different brand and model, just in case there was a bad batch. And spend a busy day transferring to the new EHD.

And, IIRC, not all 2TB work for this purpose. And I recommend avoiding greens (some report problems) and using blues or blacks. I prefer black. For a little more money you get a better drive, one with 64MB cache, for example. And I tend toward 1TB.

Good luck, and please let us know how it turns out.

WHOOPS. Just saw I got my days off. Too late. How did it turn out?

Well try with different cable this morning before the tech show up, was able to transfer 2 movies and then the problem came back. I think is a EHD issue. ViP722 is gone and now installing Hopper. So far so good, let see at the end of the installation. Thanks guys for your feedback!

Hopper installed! So far so good! EHD connected to Hopper and working good so far. Iam able to see the files on the EHD and I recordes aomething of the Hopper and transfer it to the EHD with no problem. After a few hours using the Hopper I can see my EHD and not lost connection between EHD and receiver. Im starting to think that the problem was the ViP722 instead of the EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)