vip922 in mixed arc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

czmdiver

Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
mexico
hello,
I have a mixed arc setup 77, 110 and 119. I have 2 rec a vip922 and vip211. the 211 will use the better signal from 77 where the 922 will stay on 119 even in signal loss is there a way to fix this?

What are you getting on the 211 from 77? What is the 922 missing for programming?
most of programing for the 211 is on 77 the programing is the same on both but I get a signal obstruction on 119 from time to time and the 211 will pick it up on 77 all but my locals

most of programing for the 211 is on 77 the programing is the same on both but I get a signal obstruction on 119 from time to time and the 211 will pick it up on 77 all but my locals

77 is a few Conus locals and Spanish programming it doesn't duplicate programming off 119.

No, I think the OP knows exactly what he's saying. Looks like he's in Mexico which AFAIK doesn't get 72. You need either 72 or 119 to make a system work right. And according to Lyngsat there's a lot more on 77 than just the CONUS locals so he's probably getting exactly what he says he's getting.

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-77W.html

So back to his original question, which was why does one receiver get the SD channels from 119 and the other one gets them from 77. I don't know the answer except that's the way Dish made it. :)

Cover the 119 feed with foil and run check switch on the 922 and see if it picks up 77. What do you have for a dish/switch setup for reception? Mexico usually requires a non-standard setup to receive enough signal.

I have a 2 dish setup 1.8m dish to get 110, 119 and a small dish for 77 and a dp44 switch just odd that the 211 works perfect and the 922 defaults back to 119. I will try the foil thing. I know if I disconnect 119 then yes it will go to 77. I also tried moving 77 to port 1 on the switch thinking maybe it used port position for priority but that made no difference. just trying to figure out how it decides which sat to look at. its not sq and not port. where the 211 looks to use sq

I have a 2 dish setup 1.8m dish to get 110, 119 and a small dish for 77 and a dp44 switch just odd that the 211 works perfect and the 922 defaults back to 119. I will try the foil thing. I know if I disconnect 119 then yes it will go to 77. I also tried moving 77 to port 1 on the switch thinking maybe it used port position for priority but that made no difference. just trying to figure out how it decides which sat to look at. its not sq and not port. where the 211 looks to use sq
Do you have a dp 44switch or a dpp44 switch?

well I did the switch 77 on port 1, port 2 empty, 110 on 3 and 119 on port 4. no change it still defaults to 119 if the chan is aval on it. I don't get why the vip211 works perfect by taking the highest sig strength and the vip922 doesn't

The 922 was kind of a bastard receiver it was supposed to replace the VIP HD receivers with a new operating system but it didn't work that way. The Hopper came out using some of the 922 ideas and was developed as the replacement for the VIPs. The 922 has some software problems which is why DISH dropped it as a supported receiver.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I am guessing you will experience the same results, no matter if you upgrade or not. You say, you know how the 722 will work in this scenario, out of curiosity how is that? I would assume the 922 and the 722 would act identical in this situation.

Something you can try, and see if works, would be run a CST with only the 72 or 77 satellite. Once it is only showing that in the matrix, then run the CSTwith 110 and 119 hooked up as well. Can you see 61.5 by chance?

I know people with the 722 in the same setup no problem. I can't get 61.5. I did hook up just 77 and it worked fine but as soon as I add 110 and 119 to the matrix no go on 77. its just an odd thing with the 922 that makes me wonder why? like I said I have the 211 and it works perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)