False Advertising by Dish!

raven316

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Athens, GA
So I finally pull the plug on cable and sign up for Dish and the Sports Multi Pack. It tells you is has Fox Sports South but, after two days of tech support, I find that the Braves are NOT on it. Just great.

So I finally pull the plug on cable and sign up for Dish and the Sports Multi Pack. It tells you is has Fox Sports South but, after two days of tech support, I find that the Braves are NOT on it. Just great.

Are you saying you get Fox Sports South but not the Braves games? There is a known "dispute" of Dish not carrying all Braves games - including all three Braves games against the Cubs this weekend.

http://www.foxsports.com/south/alert

Yep, AFTER I go through all this BS I find this:

Attention DISH Network subscribers in the Metro Atlanta area: You will miss up to 50 Braves games in 2015 on FOX Sports South. All Atlanta Braves games on FOX Sports South and SportSouth are available on AT&T U-Verse, Charter, DIRECTV and XFINITY int the Metro Atlanta area.

DISH Network will again not carry all 155 scheduled Atlanta Braves games on FOX Sports South and SportSouth to customers in the Metro Atlanta area this season (see map below). DISH Network customers will miss up to 50 Braves games, including the entire series with the Toronto Blue Jays (April 17-19), Pittsburgh Pirates (June 26-28), Chicago Cubs (July 17-19) and pivotal games with division rivals -- the New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies and Washington Nationals (see full schedule of missed games below).

If you don't want to miss a single Atlanta Braves game on FOX Sports South and SportSouth, contact DISH Network today at 1-800-333-DISH (1-800-333-3474) or find another provider (AT&T U-Verse, Charter, DIRECTV and XFINITY) that carries all 155scheduled Braves games on FOX Sports South and SportSouth.

Day DATE VS/AT OPPONENT TIME (ET) NETWORK

• Fri 4/10 VS NEW YORK METS 7:30 PM FSSO
• Sun 4/12 VS NEW YORK METS 1:30 PM FSSO
• Fri 4/17 @ Toronto Blue Jays 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sat 4/18 @ Toronto Blue Jays 1:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 4/19 @ Toronto Blue Jays 1:00 PM FSSO
• Sat 4/25 @ Philadelphia Phillies 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 4/26 @ Philadelphia Phillies 1:30 PM FSSO
• Sun 5/3 VS CINCINNATI REDS 1:30 PM FSSO
• Fri 5/8 @ Washington Nationals 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 5/10 @ Washington Nationals 1:30 PM FSSO
• Sun 5/17 @ Miami Marlins 1:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 5/24 VS MILWAUKEE BREWERS 1:30 PM FSSO
• Sat 5/30 @ San Francisco Giants 10:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 5/31 @ San Francisco Giants 4:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 6/7 VS PITTSBURGH PIRATES 1:30 PM FSSO
• Fri 6/12 @ New York Mets 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sat 6/13 @ New York Mets 4:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 6/14 @ New York Mets 1:00 PM FSSO
• Sat 6/20 VS NEW YORK METS 4:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 6/21 VS NEW YORK METS 5:00 PM FSSO
• Fri 6/26 @ Pittsburgh Pirates 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sat 6/27 @ Pittsburgh Pirates 4:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 6/28 @ Pittsburgh Pirates 1:30 PM FSSO
• Fri 7/3 VS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 7:30 PM FSSO
• Sun 7/5 VS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1:30 PM FSSO
• Fri 7/10 @ Colorado Rockies 8:00 PM FSSO
• Sat 7/11 @ Colorado Rockies 4:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 7/12 @ Colorado Rockies 4:00 PM FSSO
• Fri 7/17 VS CHICAGO CUBS 7:30 PM FSSO
• Sat 7/18 VS CHICAGO CUBS 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 7/19 VS CHICAGO CUBS 5:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 7/26 @ St. Louis Cardinals 2:00 PM FSSO
• Sat 8/1 @ Philadelphia Phillies 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 8/2 @ Philadelphia Phillies 1:30 PM FSSO
• Sat 8/8 VS MIAMI MARLINS 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 8/9 VS MIAMI MARLINS 5:00 PM FSSO
• Sat 8/15 VS ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 8/16 VS ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS 1:30 PM FSSO
• Sat 8/22 @ Chicago Cubs 4:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 8/23 @ Chicago Cubs 2:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 8/30 VS NEW YORK YANKEES 1:30 PM FSSO
• Sat 9/5 @ Washington Nationals 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 9/6 @ Washington Nationals 1:30 PM FSSO
• Sat 9/12 VS NEW YORK METS 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 9/13 VS NEW YORK METS 1:30 PM FSSO
• Fri 9/18 VS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 7:30 PM FSSO
• Sat 9/19 VS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 7:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 9/20 VS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1:30 PM FSSO
• Sat 9/26 @ Miami Marlins 4:00 PM FSSO
• Sun 9/27 @ Miami Marlins 1:00 PM FSSO

I too have been through this with Dish in Atlanta.

Basically here is what I did. I had AT200 which included the fox sports channels. For the last three years, I call Dish retention. They are very aware of this. They have blatantly told me they would rather credit the customers than give in to fox. This year, they've added MLB extra innings. Obviously the braves would still be blacked out. Here's the catch. I called dish and told them the EI package would suffice as a replacement for the lost games. Again, knowing some games would still be blacked out. The agreed to add the package and compensate for half the cost ~$100 in credits.

Added EI at a cost of $199. Dish credits $20/mo for 5 months.

I then drop to AT120. That's saving another $15 a month. Basically paying for EI for entire season.

Now to get the braves games all you have to do is have a roku, Xbox or any device on your home network. You get MLB.TV with the extra innings package. Sign up for a VPN (unblock-us....Google it....)

Viola. You have all baseball on Dish. Braves games thru streaming.

I understand some wouldn't want to downgrade to AT120, but for me it works because I don't care about the additional channels.

Hope maybe this can help you out a bit!

It does help but I'm so frickin mad I could spit. I'm much more of a football and hoops fan than baseball but it's total bs to list the damn channel and then not have the programming on that channel. . . but you knew that.

I wouldn't call it false advertising. And as far as it goes, I still blame Fox. Fox made a deal with Dish, then got the rights to more games and now wants to turn around and tell all the providers they have to pay more or they don't get those games. That's just bad business on Fox's part. They should have given the notion that they would get more games possibly, and slightly raised their rates for the year, rather than try and extort more money from each company. I know it won't happen, especially since everyone else has given in, but FSS goes under the same way Comcasts Houston channel did. That would just be icing on the cake. It won't happen though.

Whoever is at fault it is incumbent on the organization selling the product to inform the buyer that the contents of the product are not available.

They sold you the channel, content is irrelevant, to be fair. When fox pulls their heads out their ass, then they might allow airing of the content, but for now, you still get some content on that channel, so they have offered what they say they would. Not to sound like a jerk, but that is truly how it is.

They sold you the channel, content is irrelevant, to be fair. When fox pulls their heads out their ass, then they might allow airing of the content, but for now, you still get some content on that channel, so they have offered what they say they would. Not to sound like a jerk, but that is truly how it is.
I was born at night but not LAST night.

Someone has their head so far up charlies a##, its laughable. Fox is the bad guy and Dish is innocent? What BS!
Dish should have a very large disclaimer that pops up on the ordering screen or is told to any potential subscribers in those zipcodes, but no it's all Fox's fault. Call it like it is. They are both scum in the way they do business anymore.

Has nothing to do with Charlie being right or wrong. Fox is most definitely in the wrong though. Is anyone denying that? And it all goes back to Dish is the cheapest, and you get DTV who just accepts sports increases... The monthly bill reflects it. I'm not anti DTV and actually do like them, but Fox is most certainly scumbags. And again, the thread is misleading and emotional... Wasn't false advertising, was customer not having all information, but not false advertising. The channel is there. Dish offers that channel. There is ZERO content that is guaranteed to any individual. Your contract is for the satellite service, and price nor channels are guaranteed. It even says as much in the contract that is voluntarily signed by EVERY customer of both Dish and DTV.

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
Has nothing to do with Charlie being right or wrong. Fox is most definitely in the wrong though. Is anyone denying that? And it all goes back to Dish is the cheapest, and you get DTV who just accepts sports increases... The monthly bill reflects it. I'm not anti DTV and actually do like them, but Fox is most certainly scumbags. And again, the thread is misleading and emotional... Wasn't false advertising, was customer not having all information, but not false advertising. The channel is there. Dish offers that channel. There is ZERO content that is guaranteed to any individual. Your contract is for the satellite service, and price nor channels are guaranteed. It even says as much in the contract that is voluntarily signed by EVERY customer of both Dish and DTV.
Bullsh!t

Someone has their head so far up charlies a##, its laughable. Fox is the bad guy and Dish is innocent? What BS!
Dish should have a very large disclaimer that pops up on the ordering screen or is told to any potential subscribers in those zipcodes, but no it's all Fox's fault. Call it like it is. They are both scum in the way they do business anymore.
That's the name of that tune! I realize their is little I can do but I will do my best, in my own way, to diss Dish at every opportunity. Someone doesn't like it, like we said, Xin Loi Mofo!

There is one common factor with ALL of dish's disputes..it is not. FOX

Reactions: Hall
Man I would be pretty upset too if Root Sports Rocky Mountain wouldn't broadcast all Rockies games to Dish. Honestly I would pay the ETF and go back to DTV! And I just signed up for Dish 2 months ago! Lol. That's just insane not carrying the Braves games available on that channel to dish.

Dish really can't afford to get tangled in these disputes anymore. They are seen as unreliable when it comes to this. From what I understand they are still losing subs every quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I would be pretty upset too if Root Sports Rocky Mountain wouldn't broadcast all Rockies games to Dish. Honestly I would pay the ETF and go back to DTV! And I just signed up for Dish 2 months ago! Lol. That's just insane not carrying the Braves games available on that channel to dish.

Dish really can't afford to get tangled in these disputes anymore. They are seen as unreliable when it comes to this. From what I understand they are still losing subs every quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like many of the Dish features but I also know that it wouldn't be that difficult to be straight up with people when they sign up. It took a couple of days of tech supports and posts here before I was able to find out what the real deal is. Dish may be making some kind of statement with this but it's not going to keep me over the long haul. I had Charter for 20 years and tried to do my homework before I switched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)