ViP922's no longer for sale.

Ziptied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2011
West coast
As of 3/28/13, Echsphere will no longer sell ViP922's. Retailers will still be able to sell and activate any 922's in their inventory. Not a ground breaking announcement but may interest some.

Probably it's that there are no more to sell. I imagine they ceased production well over a year ago.

The 922 was DEAD to me a year after I got it. That receiver was a nightmare to use and I was so glad to trade it back in for a new 722k again. The hopper makes the 922 all feel like distant memory. They should of stopped making them as soon as the hopper hit the market.

The 922 was DEAD to me a year after I got it. That receiver was a nightmare to use and I was so glad to trade it back in for a new 722k again. The hopper makes the 922 all feel like distant memory. They should of stopped making them as soon as the hopper hit the market.
They stopped before that. In fact they were not offering them at all at the time. Only about 6-8 months ago did they offer again to burn off the inventory.

They stopped before that. In fact they were not offering them at all at the time. Only about 6-8 months ago did they offer again to burn off the inventory.

I say they should do the world a favor and DISH should just BURN the inventory, period.:flame:;)

Agreed, it was the worst box i have ever had with dish. I was going through about one a month till I decided to go with the hopper.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Brian Fuller said:
The 921 and 922 were complete disasters. As soon as possible they got rid of them for the hopper system. I've never installed one the entire time I've worked for Dish

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Your right, both receivers where a piece of junk.

The 921 was just buggy, and the 922 was just not worth going to due to the cost vs a 722

Well myself, I had five of these beautiful wonders the 922. What makes me mad about the whole situation is that dish would never omit too the thing having it's problems. When you produce a pile of junk! You ought too omit to your loyal longtime subscribers and try and make them whole again. Instead they try to make your situation to their advantage. Even when your trying to go back and down grade! People we need too be more careful about these so called upgrades. Maybe we need to let those satellite system jumpers work with the bugs in the system first. Ha, ha, I love those system jumper stories!!

Since i've been with dish network from 1999,i've had 3 dvr's. A 501,622 and a 922. The 501 was a piece of c_ _ _, went thru five of them till i got one that worked. The 622 replaced the 501 in 2008, still working and never had a problem till the present,even though the 622 was known to have a bad reputation.The 622 now is in my bedroom after being replaced in the livingroom by my 922 a little over a year ago. Seems to me that the 922 will be as reliable for me as the 622 has been,never had a problem with the 922 since day one. Could it be the weather here in Hawaii? Lol

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using satelliteguys.

You know! I have heard of many subscribers having a good 922 receiver. I guess that is why I stayed with it for so long. But unless all the defects were coming from one area, I don't know what to tell everyone! My receivers would only stay working for about two weeks. Then the screen lockups and sound problems would start. Why I had too go through 5 receivers and have the same problem is anybody's guess. But still paying for being under upgrade contract. If customers would have bought these receivers at local retail we would have got our money back! Needless to say it's a safe bet for dish.

It is strange. Besides me, four of my friends also has dish and upgraded to the 922 at about the same time as me. All say they also have not had any problems with their receivers. A fifth friend had a 922 but he decided to switch to the hopper/joey system about six months ago. From what he told me that he had to replace the hopper twice for lockups and freeze ups and a joey once for a power problem. He kinda wished he kept his 922,go figure.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using satelliteguys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)