virgin mobile broadband 2Go

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I just bought a USB dongle broadband EDVO adaptor from radio shack that is virgin mobile which in this area is a sprint network. I am going out of town for a day and wanted wireless broadband on my laptop.

according to the instruction you just put the usb dongle into a usb port and the pc will recognize it and the software drivers will begin to install.

I have a toshiba laptop with windows xp. it Will NOT install. the computer recognizes it as a "usb mass storage device".

then i get the windows usb install screen that says either use the internet to find software or a cd. this does not have a cd with it.

I disabled my firewall and antivirus too. rebooted more times than i care for but it still won't work. I spent 40.00 on service and 80.00 on the dongle.
virgin mobile phone support is pretty worthless since they never answer just automated voice prompts.

i may take this back. i know it must be a pc issue not the card but i don't know what more to do about it.

I actually have both the USB stick which works fine on win7 and the MiFi device. The MiFi device is the only one I use now. It is much better because I can feed multiple devices off of it. I would take back the USB dongle and get a MiFi device, it is $50 more but so much more useful. The MiFi also has a battery so you do not have to keep it plugged in, and it is so small and thin you can keep it in a pocket or laptob bag without issue. You can also power it with the included transformer or usb cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)