virgin mobile broadband 2Go

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I just bought a USB dongle broadband EDVO adaptor from radio shack that is virgin mobile which in this area is a sprint network. I am going out of town for a day and wanted wireless broadband on my laptop.

according to the instruction you just put the usb dongle into a usb port and the pc will recognize it and the software drivers will begin to install.

I have a toshiba laptop with windows xp. it Will NOT install. the computer recognizes it as a "usb mass storage device".

then i get the windows usb install screen that says either use the internet to find software or a cd. this does not have a cd with it.

I disabled my firewall and antivirus too. rebooted more times than i care for but it still won't work. I spent 40.00 on service and 80.00 on the dongle.
virgin mobile phone support is pretty worthless since they never answer just automated voice prompts.

i may take this back. i know it must be a pc issue not the card but i don't know what more to do about it.

I actually have both the USB stick which works fine on win7 and the MiFi device. The MiFi device is the only one I use now. It is much better because I can feed multiple devices off of it. I would take back the USB dongle and get a MiFi device, it is $50 more but so much more useful. The MiFi also has a battery so you do not have to keep it plugged in, and it is so small and thin you can keep it in a pocket or laptob bag without issue. You can also power it with the included transformer or usb cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)