Virgin Poster W/?

MisterG12

Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Hi Gang,
First off great forum!! Got Voom installed yesterday and thus far it has gone fairly smooth except for the dreaded OTA channels. In the Install wizard I am showing 4 local channels with a signal of 92-98 but only 1 (NBC) shows up with a consistent picture. The others will sometimes come in only to to freeze up and lose their signal. How is it possible to have a 96 signal reading and no picture? I have the what is I guess is the winguard antenna. I have a diplexor.
Sorry if this has been asked a million times I promise it wont happen again
Thank you
Matt

MisterG12,

welcome. Is it a consistent signal of 92-98 or is it intermitten? Please let us know. If it is a consitent 92-98, you will see the bar in the installation wizard lit up and not drop below 92 ever on the channel. if it is not consistent, the signal will drop which will explain the video drop. There are few things you can check but answer that first. I have to run so I won't check this thread again until later tonight. Hopefully someone here will pick up where I left off.

OK first time I scanned yesterday it showed 7 channels with between 92-98.
I just scanned again and 2 channels where found. My constent channel 2 with a reading of 98 and fox with a 93. I tuned into fox and it was in and out.
re-scanned no fox but it picked WB tuned into WB there for sec. and gone. ABC also came on for a sec. only to go away again. The towers are all with in
20 miles of my house. Do I contact Voom yet?
Matt

Matt,

go to the Installation Wizard and select Option 3 "Aim OFF-Air Antena" . In the RF yellow box enter the RF number of your local stations and click ok. Give me the reading for each local channel. You should get a green bar with a reading bigger than 80 in order for the scan function to lock into the channel. The bar must be steady green all the time without fluctuations. Let me know this informaition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)