Vertical dashed green line in Pillar Box(4:3)?

Dano

Original poster
Dec 25, 2004
Bensonhurst: Brooklyn, NY
New Voomer - noticing some SD channels, when display mode for Wide to Narrow is "Pillar", 4:3 programming shows a green vertical dotted line, running down the right "pillar" - about an inch from the programming.

Also notice some static-y line running down the left side of the pillar, just adjacent to programming, on other channels
(So far noticed on OTA SD programming)

Since I'm using component, my JVC-DILA doesn't offer the one button aspect change to stretch the image (when using that digital input)
The green line (and the static line) are quite distracting. Having to parse thru installation menu to change option to "STRETCH" is not a good workaround.
Anyone aware of cause/solution ?

Thanks in advance
-Dano

Set your Voom stb to Auto, push the red button in the pull down flap in the lower right front corner of the box until all the light bars light up, that way when you watch SD you can use your TV to stretch the signals, it will be a 480i signal. BTW, I've seen the green line on some channels as well.

Thanks

much obliged... glad to know I'm not seeing things.
Your suggestion worked (but i hate the way the menu winds up looking in native mode - very Atari 2600 ;).
I was hoping that perhaps it's a known, momentary software version issue.

Perhaps I'll try using an analog output for SD channels (TV pillarbox instead)

I also have seen those vertical green marching ants on ONE OTA local channel. I can't recall at the moment which channel it was, but the problem is the encoding at their station. They kept switching between HD and SD feeds. The SD feed had the greent ants, the HD feed didn't. It comes and goes on this channel. Sometimes I won't see it for a couple of weeks, and then their engineer changes something and they show up again. I have never seen them on the Voom satellite channels, HD or SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)