Virtual Joey Compatible TV list ?

vinobabu

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 8, 2006
Does anyone have a list of compatible TV's that support virual joey app?

Dish website says all LG smart TV's 2013 and above but I recently bought a brand new 2014 LG smart TV Model # 32LB5800, only to find out that Dish app is NOT available for that TV. I was told by the LG app that its up to the developers to make it compatible and they cannot do anything about it. When I call Dish, they rep I got had no clue what virtual Joey is ..no luck with repeated attempts either. Very frustrating to have invested in a new TV only to find out that virtual joey won't work

Btw..I was hoping to use virtual joey in a room without cable connection.

Guess now I have to wait for "wireless joey" to release.

Last edited:
is it possible Dish has not released the software yet, and when they do, LG will have it available in the app store, or whatever they call it for LG???

Where are you looking ? My Panasonic has a "market" or "store" for apps. Out of the box, it includes quite a few, but any that get added later won't show up without me adding them. I do suspect that Dish will make a deal with many TV makers to include it pre-installed.

It's on mine and I have the same one as you. Search the app store and add it.
20140401_083503.jpg

Does anyone have a list of compatible TV's that support virual joey app?

Dish website says all LG smart TV's 2013 and above but I recently bought a brand new 2014 LG smart TV Model # 32LB5800, only to find out that Dish app is NOT available for that TV. I was told by the LG app that its up to the developers to make it compatible and they cannot do anything about it. When I call Dish, they rep I got had no clue what virtual Joey is ..no luck with repeated attempts either. Very frustrating to have invested in a new TV only to find out that virtual joey won't work

Btw..I was hoping to use virtual joey in a room without cable connection.

Guess now I have to wait for "wireless joey" to release.

2014 models are currently not supported at this time. They will be but I do not have an ETA as to when. Can you send me the link on our website where you saw this?

Is there a list of compatible TV model numbers? I'm specifically interested in the LG LN5700 series, currently listed on the LG website. I believe they are considered 2013 models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)