Visionsat IV-200 PVR For Dummie(s?)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Iceberg, I'll get one ordered and give it a shot. That should allow me to listen to Documentary Channel and BBC NA...plus the PBS stuff when I get Ku-enabled. Is it very common for feeds to use AC-3?

Looks like the Y-adapter is going to cost almost as much as the Voom unit (without shipping). :eek:

Thanks Iceberg, I'll get one ordered and give it a shot. That should allow me to listen to Documentary Channel and BBC NA...plus the PBS stuff when I get Ku-enabled. Is it very common for feeds to use AC-3?

KU...not really
C-Band seems to have a lot of AC-3 stuff. I've noticed that when scanning C-Band

Last Friday morning my receiver kept trying to go to standby over and over for some reason. I turned off the power switch on the back, waited, then turned it back on, instead of going to standby it would go to "On" (with picture & audio) for about 15 seconds, then go back into the standby loop. Tried unhooking all power, LNB, video and audio cables....no help. I finally fixed it before we left for the weekend by turning it on, and in the 15 seconds before it tried to jump back to the standby loop I went into the Menu and changed my Timer Manager (I had it set to turn itself off every night at 1:00 AM a week or so ago) to the default setting. Not sure if the Timer change cured it...or just the act of going into the Menu alone did it but it's back to normal now. Hope this helps someone if they experience the same deal. :)

I had this same problem again this morning, the Visionsat was stuck in an infinite loop, going from off to on, then instantly to standby, then off, etc........ This time I was not even able to get to the menus long enough to change anything. I powered down, unplugged, removed all cables several times...same thing. Finally I powered down and inserted the USB stick and that stopped the loop, tried to reload the V1.45 (over the existing 1.45) and then the channel info that I had stored after I rescanned all the sats last time this happened, but it would try to go to standby before it loaded. I continued doing this and got it working again, but I honestly don't know how or why. :confused:

I should mention that again I had set the Timer to shut off the unit Daily @ 1:00 AM, I did not have it set to "Wake Up", I always just turn it on manually with the remote. Now that I have it going again I will NOT set the Timer to shut it down Daily, looks like it's been about 4 weeks since this happened last time so I'll see what happens. I have literally made no changes to this unit since the last time I had this problem, just normal everyday use, if anyone has any thoughts or ideas I'd really appreciate them.

I'd chalk this up to my own ignorance if I'd been messing with settings or something but this is the second time it's happened just out of the blue and I'm suspecting it's the hardware, not the meatware. :(

Couple more Visionsat-related questions for the group:

1.) When I press the "Info" button it brings up a display that says:

SID : 0x0004/ TSID : 0x00001/ ONID : 0x1111
99.0 W GALAXY 16C : FEC 3/4

This is the info for NBC on the Carribean mux. I'm guessing the top line above is pid info, but I don't understand the format of the letters or the numbers, can anyone explain it to me?

2.) Most of the time when I am changing channels on Ku sats, I will go to a channel (which I know I can recieve) and get "No Signal" or "Service Error".

If I hit the TV/Radio button twice and come back to the tv signal the picture usually pops right on the screen and I can view it, no problem. I don't ever remember having this problem on any of my c-band channels. This problem does seem somewhat related to signal strength, it's more likely to happen on weaker tps, but it sometimes happens on the stronger tps. Not a big deal, just annoying, and I know it didn't do this when I first set this system up.

All thoughts appreciated! :)

Hi,

I am having the same problem where the visionsat receiver gets stuck in the infinite loop of trying to restart and going to standby mode. Just wondering if you ever figured out how to fix this problem?

/RV

I had this same problem again this morning, the Visionsat was stuck in an infinite loop, going from off to on, then instantly to standby, then off, etc........ This time I was not even able to get to the menus long enough to change anything. I powered down, unplugged, removed all cables several times...same thing. Finally I powered down and inserted the USB stick and that stopped the loop, tried to reload the V1.45 (over the existing 1.45) and then the channel info that I had stored after I rescanned all the sats last time this happened, but it would try to go to standby before it loaded. I continued doing this and got it working again, but I honestly don't know how or why. :confused:

I should mention that again I had set the Timer to shut off the unit Daily @ 1:00 AM, I did not have it set to "Wake Up", I always just turn it on manually with the remote. Now that I have it going again I will NOT set the Timer to shut it down Daily, looks like it's been about 4 weeks since this happened last time so I'll see what happens. I have literally made no changes to this unit since the last time I had this problem, just normal everyday use, if anyone has any thoughts or ideas I'd really appreciate them.

I'd chalk this up to my own ignorance if I'd been messing with settings or something but this is the second time it's happened just out of the blue and I'm suspecting it's the hardware, not the meatware. :(

richviau, I never figured out how to fix it, I just quit using the sleep timer and it has never occurred again.

Hi,

I am having the same problem where the visionsat receiver gets stuck in the infinite loop of trying to restart and going to standby mode. Just wondering if you ever figured out how to fix this problem?

/RV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)