Visionsat Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I got a Visionsat IV200 yesterday and was messing with it some. I have a problem maybe someone can help. I can't get the CW on G-17 to be found even when I manually enter in the pids. My Pansat get it just fine. Am I overlooking something or do you need to mess with it in a channel editor to lock in channels that don't have that bit (forgot what it's called) that helps blind scan find stuff.

When you get a chance to mess with it can you post some step by step directions. I really need this thing to see the CW. My Pansat locks them in easy by using advanced and manually entering the pids.

The Visionsat does seem like a cool box If I can ever figure out it's quirks.

Got It

1, Service List Manager

2, Edit Service

3, Green Button

4, Manual Service

5 Enter Name, pid's, and save.

:D Great! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Lot's of new things to learn.

congrats on the Visionsat. Its a great receiver :)

It seems really cool. Can't wait to get it all set up and start playing with the PVR. Then burn some DVD's on my PC from it. It really has a nice picture even from composite that I'm using to test it. When Im done Im going to be hooked to component that's really going to kick some butt. :)

Tvropro, the Visionsats make great recorders for HD and 4:2:2, even though they can't display those signals. You will get the audio, though, and that's often enough to let you know when to hit the record button! The resulting .TS files can be played back on a PC...

Tvropro, the Visionsats make great recorders for HD and 4:2:2, even though they can't display those signals. You will get the audio, though, and that's often enough to let you know when to hit the record button! The resulting .TS files can be played back on a PC...

That's what I heard one of the reasons I got one :)

Which codec is needed in my PC ? I can use VLC player right?

VLC will work, but the Visionsat file header info confuses it. Therefore, you must remux the file before playing back with VLC. TSMuxer is a free tool that will remux the file.

Media Player Classic will play the files as well. 4:2:2 requires the Elecard codec with Media Player Classic.

VLC will work, but the Visionsat file header info confuses it. Therefore, you must remux the file before playing back with VLC. TSMuxer is a free tool that will remux the file.

Media Player Classic will play the files as well. 4:2:2 requires the Elecard codec with Media Player Classic.

No problem, TVROPro! There are also some other PC utilities that are handy to have around for working with Visionsat files. Remember, if you want to burn HD to Blu-Ray, the audio must be AC-3. Enjoy :) ...

No problem, TVROPro! There are also some other PC utilities that are handy to have around for working with Visionsat files. Remember, if you want to burn HD to Blu-Ray, the audio must be AC-3. Enjoy :) ...

Which HD format does the Visionsat support Mpeg 2, Mpeg 4 or what? As far as 4:2:2 it should do all SD right? I finished making my normal channel scans that I wanted. Muxes such as Ion the and NASA the HD's scanned in some say channel error and some have audio so how do I know which ones to record?

Visionsat is an mpeg2 receiver. It can detect mpeg2 HD channels , but CANNOT display them . It can record 4:2:2 streams , but CANNOT display 4:2:2 video . There are people who record the streams that CANNOT be displayed, and then play them back with a PC solution where the proper codecs can be selected for display.
:)

The Visionsat, as Brentb636 said, will only do MPEG-2. I have tried both HD and 4:2:2, and both record properly. I have not tried an HD 4:2:2 channel, but I see no reason why that wouldn't work. As far as recording the channels, you can hear the audio, but you can't see the video. It will say "Service Error". If you don't hear anything, watch your hard drive activity light. When there's something there, it will be active. When its HD, it will be blinking rapidly (lots of data being transferred).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts