Vizio - 42 inch LCD @ costco

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
I had a Maxent 42 inch Plasma but the picture started flickering. I had bought it from Costco, so thankfully i only had to take it back.

Anyway wasn't sure what to buy, i didn't want to spend much more than the $1699 i paid last august for the Maxent.

This Vizio fit the bill, i could have bought a 50 inch Maxent but wasn't sure i wanted to risk it.

Anyway here is a review that also mentions using a DISH HD receiver for the dish members here.
http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/VIZIO_GV42L_LCD_HDTV.htm

I also managed to configure it for my Harmony 880, had to pick V. Inc as the manufacturer which took me a while to work out. I will put more in here after a few days of viewing.

i just got a savings coupon book, that will take 200 off the 46 inch version of this. I may take back the 42 inch, and pay teh extra 100 for the extra 4 inches, or maybe i wont bother.

One thing i have noticed with this set is how dark the pictures seem to be. I was watching cold squad last night and i could hardly see some scenes. I had to switch to custom and up the brightness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)