Vizio - 42 inch LCD @ costco

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
I had a Maxent 42 inch Plasma but the picture started flickering. I had bought it from Costco, so thankfully i only had to take it back.

Anyway wasn't sure what to buy, i didn't want to spend much more than the $1699 i paid last august for the Maxent.

This Vizio fit the bill, i could have bought a 50 inch Maxent but wasn't sure i wanted to risk it.

Anyway here is a review that also mentions using a DISH HD receiver for the dish members here.
http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/VIZIO_GV42L_LCD_HDTV.htm

I also managed to configure it for my Harmony 880, had to pick V. Inc as the manufacturer which took me a while to work out. I will put more in here after a few days of viewing.

i just got a savings coupon book, that will take 200 off the 46 inch version of this. I may take back the 42 inch, and pay teh extra 100 for the extra 4 inches, or maybe i wont bother.

One thing i have noticed with this set is how dark the pictures seem to be. I was watching cold squad last night and i could hardly see some scenes. I had to switch to custom and up the brightness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)