Vizio D58u-D3

dishdude

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
This TV is amazing! Picked it up tonight at Costco for $679 and I am blown away. Now I admit this is my first experience with 4k so I don't have anything to compare it to but I can't get over the performance. I am streaming a Muse concert through Amazon currently and I can't get over the picture quality. Dish looks very nice as well.

I'm just using the calibrated setting with computer as the color temperature and all the other enhancement options turned off. Can't get over how good everything looks, it blows the Sony I had before this away.

I have been looking at getting a 4K tv. My main TV that is use the most is in my living room, and it has many places that you have to sit for off angle viewing. I have a plasma in there now that I really like for the off angle viewing (the colors don't shift and wash out), I have read that OLED is the best at this as far as 4K goes, but I don't really want to shell out $5000 or $6000 yet for a 65" set right now.
I have been thinking about trying a Vizio 4K for my office, since I use that TV quite a bit, and there is no off angle viewing in that room. Glad to hear this review, I know that the Vizios that I see at Costco and Sams Club always look as good or better than the Samsungs, Sonys, and LGs that they are sitting next to, but it is hard to compare at a store like that.

Off angle viewing is just as good as looking at it direct, I don't see any issues with color. I have the local dimming turned off for now, with such few zones I can't imagine it being too effective. 24 hours later, I am still impressed with this TV - for the money I couldn't find a better value.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts