VOD 0% download after waiting all day

bebop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Idaho
VOD 0% download after waiting all day (Fixed after nightly update)

I have ordered some short free videos through my ViP722 in the past using Dish-Online, but today I tried to order 'The Beast 1080p' and even a short 3 minute random video. Nothing would download so far and I'm not sure the process for making it work.

I seem to recall the last time (a previous ViP722 that ended up going bad) I downloaded a VOD through Dish-Online on the receiver it started the download fairly soon after I selected 'download'.

What's the deal with both a short video and a full video like 'The Beast 1080p' not downloading? I even turned off my receiver (standby) and it hasn't started. Am I missing something, or do I just need to wait another day even though I didn't have to do that in the past?

I have a broadband connection and a phone connection that test out Okay for both. I have a high-speed internet connection though the cable company (3mbps).

Please help, and I can provide more info if needed. Thanks much. You guys have been great help so far on other issues.

Last edited:
Bandwidth limiting

I have ordered some short free videos through my ViP722 in the past using Dish-Online, but today I tried to order 'The Beast 1080p' and even a short 3 minute random video. Nothing would download so far and I'm not sure the process for making it work.

I seem to recall the last time (a previous ViP722 that ended up going bad) I downloaded a VOD through Dish-Online on the receiver it started the download fairly soon after I selected 'download'.

What's the deal with both a short video and a full video like 'The Beast 1080p' not downloading? I even turned off my receiver (standby) and it hasn't started. Am I missing something, or do I just need to wait another day even though I didn't have to do that in the past?

I have a broadband connection and a phone connection that test out Okay for both. I have a high-speed internet connection though the cable company (3mbps).

Please help, and I can provide more info if needed. Thanks much. You guys have been great help so far on other issues.

Your ISP may have a bandwidth limiting now. It could mean that they won't let that much info pass now. Could be that it has to do with equipment they have now and didn't in the past.

Your ISP may have a bandwidth limiting now. It could mean that they won't let that much info pass now. Could be that it has to do with equipment they have now and didn't in the past.
It didn't even start to download, hence the 0%. Good idea though, I've seen that problem for others. There is no limiting set now, as I have been able to download just fine.

It's like the receiver isn't even trying to start the download. It goes through the steps of authorizing my download - and then shows 0% even for a small download.

I'll update in the morning if things change overnight - especially after the nightly update.

****EDIT: I guess I just had to be more patient, because after the nightly update it must have started the download and it was ready about 5 hours later.

Is there any way to know how large the downloads are?

Last edited:
I am having the same issue on my vip 722 and vip 612 reciever. It would authorize the download but still say 0%. It does this on all avilble content on dish online. It started doing that on May 18. Never had this issue before when using dish online. My reciver has a broadband connection to the internet with zoomtown. I have it connected through power ehternet. Does anybody know how to resolve this issue.

I waited until the next day and tried the download again and it started right away. I guess it was some holdup that day. I've had no issues since (though I don't download much at all). Try it again tommorow after clearing the downloads.

At first I thought it had to wait to download until the nightly update, but I ruled that out after seeing it download right away a couple of times.

When that happens, check your BroadCOM settings and make sure you are still connected. Sometimes resetting the connection will bump start a stuck download.

I had the same issue on my 722 on Sunday afternoon, but with a slight twist. I picked multiple programs (mostly short 5-10 minute segments) - 5 all together. The download process started normally and the first one completed fine. During the 2nd one, the receiver suddenly stopped and rebooted itself (no where near the usual 3AM update cycle). When it came back up, I checked the Internet settings and all was still good but the remaining downloads were all sitting in the queue waiting. When I tried to download the programs again, I got the message that they had already been downloaded. I just now checked (Thursday AM) and one of the programs is still sitting with the download bar at 0% and the other 2 are still listed as Queued.

It's no big deal if I don't get these - they just looked interesting. It would appear, though, Dish may have a bug in this process. If I have time this weekend, I may contact Dish support to try to figure this out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts