VOD On UC CABLE?

MCIBUS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Bell Fibe TV Land
I'm not to sure where to put this thread?
Not living in the US and only having access to DISH to get "TRUE" Us channels, I'm just curious as to what US cablevision Companies offer in VOD?

I know they offer Showtime,HBO, movie channels like that on VOD, but what about regular channels ie SCI-FI,HGTV,Bravo, etc channels like that?

Do you havee to pay to see programin? or is it free?

Do need to sub to the channel(excluding the movie services)to get their version of VOD or do you get it with cable.

I'm not sure about the other cable companies in Canada but with Rogers we get:Teletoon ON DEmand(like the cartoon Network)
YTV ON Demand
Treehouse On Demand(not sure what the US version is of this Channel is)
Howard Stern On demand
WWE 24/7 On Demand
Animee On Demand
The Family Channel On demand(I think like Disney Channel)
Playboy On Demand
Here On Demand(not exactly sure wat this Channel is)
Too Much On Demand(not related to Much Music)but some opother type of Channel(I think som,e sort of "Adult Typer Channel)
MPIX on demand(Movie Channel)
TMN On Demand(Movie Channel)
Super Channel On Demand(Movie Channel)
HGTV/Food/National Geographic Channels On Demand
Rogers On Demand(which cntains movies,other networks-A&E,History,CBC,CTV,things llike that)
and few more that I might be forgetting.

Stuff like that. Is that available on US cable?

Some of the On demand is subsscription
WWE 24/7
Howard stern
Here
Too Much
others is included iof you suib to the channel

Teletoon
YTV
Family
thje movie channels.

ROD is automatically weioth Digital Cable.

Some of the programing is free others you need to pay for(non subscription ones) IE some A& E programing you have to pay for.

Just wondering is there anything like that on US Cable

And could someone goive some examples?

Thanks

TOM :)

most of the larger cable companies (Comcast, Time Warner, Charter, Cox) offer on demand

As example, here is what we get on demand for Comcast in a suburb of Minneapolis, MN (free with correct package)
PBS
CBS
ESPN
Golf
Comedy Central
BET
MTV
TruTV
A&E
Discovery
Weather (dont ask...I dont know why either)
Versus
Nat Geo
ID
BBC America
Cooking
Oxygen
Nick Jr
MTV2
G4
Sundance
NFL Net
Speed
NBA TV
CBS College SPorts
NBA TV
plus the main channel of all the movie channels (HBO Cinemax, etc)

now this varies due to which package you have but looking at a list from the Comcast site that is what is available. Howard & WWE you can buy per month

I realize this is more information then you care to know, but you asked for it :D

On Time Warner they've condensed a lot of channels content into more broader On Demand channels. One channel housing content from a few different networks grouped together by theme. For example, I go to channel 733 which is Entertainment On Demand, I am presented with a menu and choose which channels content I’m interested in, and then it breaks it down by show and specific episode. For some reason BBC America On Demand remains on it’s own dedicated channel. HBO On Demand, Cinemax On Demand, Showtime On Demand, The Movie Channel On Demand and Starz On Demand are also individual channels that are included in their respective premium movie packages at no additional cost. We also have things like YNN On Demand (YNN is our local cable only news channel), and Rochester On Demand as well for local content. A la carte Premium On Demand channels include Howard Stern On Demand ($13.99/month) and Disney Channel On Demand ($3.99/month). Also have Music Choice On Demand which includes music videos and that’s free.

There are a bunch of movie On Demand channels by theme, Family Movies On Demand, Thriller Movies On Demand, International Movies On Demand, Action Movies On Demand, Adult Movies On Demand and the flagship channel, called yep you guessed it Movies On Demand that is where all the new movies go. These channels replace traditional PPV and cost $2 a movie for older stuff or $5 for new releases and you can keep them for up to 48 hours.

Here’s the breakdown:

Preschool On Demand
- BBC Kids On Demand
- Nick Jr On Demand
- PBS Kids Sprout On Demand

Kids On Demand
- Boomerang On Demand
- Cartoon Network On Demand
- Disney XD On Demand
- The Hub On Demand

History & Nature On Demand
- Animal Planet On Demand
- National Geographic Wild On Demand
- CNN On Demand
- History On Demand
- Investigation Discovery On Demand
- Military Channel On Demand
- Science Channel On Demand

Lifestyles On Demand
- Discovery Health On Demand
- Food Network On Demand
- HGTV On Demand
- Logo On Demand
- Planet Green On Demand
- TV One On Demand
- Travel Channel On Demand

Cutting Edge On Demand
- Adult Swim On Demand
- Anime Network On Demand
- G4 On Demand
- Spike TV On Demand

Sports on Demand
- ESPN On Demand
- ESPN U On Demand
- ESPN Deportes On Demand
- Fuel TV On Demand
- Outdoor Channel On Demand
- Golf Channel On Demand
- Speed Channel On Demand
- Ski Channel On Demand

Music On Demand
- CMT On Demand
- VH1 On Demand
- VH1 Classic On Demand

Entertainment On Demand
- Comedy Central On Demand
- ABC Family On Demand
- BET On Demand
- MTV On Demand
- National Geographic Channel On Demand
- Oxygen On Demand
- SoapNet On Demand
- TBS On Demand
- TNT On Demand
- Teen Nick On Demand
- Tru TV On Demand

Primetime On Demand
- ABC On Demand
- NBC On Demand
- CBS On Demand
- A&E On Demand
- AMC On Demand
- Bravo On Demand
- Discovery Channel On Demand
- FX On Demand
- Syfy On Demand
- The Learning Channel On Demand
- USA Network On Demand

Lo Mejor On Demand
- Univision On Demand
- Telemundo On Demand
- Mun2 On Demand

^ No thats just perfect. The more info the better.

It figures :rolleyes: You guys have got it made :bow Dam I wish I was living in the states.

All we get is :censored::rant::mad: very little.

STUPID CANADIAN CABLE!!

^ No thats just perfect. The more info the better.

It figures :rolleyes: You guys have got it made :bow Dam I wish I was living in the states.

All we get is :censored::rant::mad: very little.

STUPID CANADIAN CABLE!!

The brother-in-law was in shock last night at my house when he saw what I get with Time Warner when compared to what he gets with Cocego. Hey and Rogers wants to buy the Leafs. Imagine how awesome your VOD will be then, when the only decent broadcast you will get is the Hockey Night in Canada Feed.

The brother-in-law was in shock last night at my house when he saw what I get with Time Warner when compared to what he gets with Cocego. Hey and Rogers wants to buy the Leafs. Imagine how awesome your VOD will be then, when the only decent broadcast you will get is the Hockey Night in Canada Feed.

You mean Hockey Night In Toronto!!

The Leafs are pethic, a bunch of LOOSERS!!

Right Rogers buys them along with the Raptors and the other Toronto Teams they want to buy and may Rogers bill SKY ROCKETS THROUGH THE ROOF!! IDOITSS!!

I wish the US won the WAR Of 1812, then we'd better off TV wise that is, none of this Canadian Crapola, just TRUE AMERICAN ENTERNAINMENT!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts