VOD Rental charge per box or account?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimK2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
VOD Rental charge per box or account? Will a one VOD Rental be available to all boxes on account

Thanks

Some one please answer this one with authority. I'm embarrassed to admit that I experimented some time ago, but I forgot my results. :(

Same as PPV, you have to set all the boxes you have to record it that day. Its not automatic, though its only one fee.

You can then watch whichever box you want for the length of time showing for the recording. 24hrs from start to finish per box.

Per box for those still confused:D

OK, further confusion. The term "record" was used, and that further confused me. Now, let's try to set this straight and, hopefully, get a "straight" answer.

We are referring to VOD: the movies or contents that are already downloaded on the box (no "recording" involved, necessary or possible) and can be accessed by the "Movies and More" portal or at the many channel 501 locations. Those movies a ready for immediately playback in full, as they have been already downloaded to the box and usually have only a 24 hour limit. I believe that is what the OP, and definitely I, were referring to.

The other "On Demand" experience is the DishONLine downloads. This service requires the user to manually choose what they want to download for viewing, whether a TV show or Movie or any other content. This content is immediately downloaded, but cannot be viewed until enough of it is on the drive for playback. I suppose it would be nice to know if this service is charged per box (as I suspect) or per household.

Again, any authoritative, CLEAR, responses would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The way I understand it, order it via the remote and the movie is only on the box you ordered it on.

Go online, call 800-333-DISH, or use the automated system and then its on all the receivers on the account.

If you ordered the the event seperatly on 2 receivers at the same time, it would probably be 2 charges

The way I understand it, order it via the remote and the movie is only on the box you ordered it on.

Go online, call 800-333-DISH, or use the automated system and then its on all the receivers on the account.

If you ordered the the event seperatly on 2 receivers at the same time, it would probably be 2 charges

OK, that sounds like when you say "it" you have described the Pay-Per-View billing experience, except for the "probably 2 charges" as for PPV it is only ONE charge, and I know that for sure, even by remote. One just has to go to all the boxes and go through the routine of saying, "yes, charge me," on each box, but it will be billed as a single--only one--PPV purchase, but on the other boxes at no additional charge.

Could you, or anyone else, verify you are talking about the Video-On-Demand service from channels 501 or DishOnLine?

Thanks.

VOD or DOD (Dish on Demand) is MUST be ordered through the remote control.
You can not order DOD through an agent. Dish on Demand is downloaded to your hard drive wach month. It will only be available on the Receiver that you order it on PPV will be as the other person explained.

Two easy ways to order DISH On Demand:

1. Go to channel 501 and select the movie you wish to view from the on-screen menu*. Follow the on-screen ordering instructions.
  2. Press the DVR button on your DISH Network remote. Select 'Movies & More' or 'TV Entertainment' from the DISH On Demand menu, select a title from the list and follow the on-screen instructions.
Remember to keep a phone line connected at all times.
*Available on the following DVR receiver models: 522, 612, 622, 625, 722, 722k

DVOD (DISH Video on Demand) Explain
DVOD are movies that have been downloaded to the hard drive for immediate rental. Movies on Demand CANNOT be saved onto the hard drive. If Parental Locks have been set, the password will need to be entered in order to access Movies on Demand.​

That last post completely misses the information we seek, so lets try again:

The background info: When ordering PPV movies from the first box via remote, one may also go to each of the other boxes on the account and order that same movie via remote and NOT be charged extra to view on all boxes on account even though you confirm "to bill me" on each box, meaning you can view a PPV movie on all your boxes and only be charged the $4.99. THIS IS FACT; I know this because I have done this many times.

The QUESTION: Does the above also apply to VOD Channel 501 movies or DishOnLine content. In other words, may we purchase the VOD channel 501 movie on the first box, then go to subsequent boxes on our account and "confirm purchase" on all boxes but still only be charged $6.99 and watch it on all the boxes on the account.

Thanks for your replies.

video on demand only shows up on the reciever it is ordered on. It does not show up on any other dvr. The above poster is a dish employee and the info he posted is correct.

Well, that still doesn't answer the question (actually no one has really; just a misunderstanding) because the above reply applies to PPV movies. Meaning, again, one can purchase a PPV movie with remote on the first box. Now if I go to any of the other boxes on my account, that PPV is not "cleared" and the movie won't display. However, if one goes through the same steps as with the first box, orders the same PPV movie on the second box, they must confirm and agree to be charged $4.99 again, and repeat this process on all other boxes on the account, agreeing to pay $4.99 again, and again, Dish will only charge $4.99 once on the bill, allowing PPV move to viewed on all boxes even though one had to agree to be charged $4.99 each time. I have done this many times and even Charlie confirmed this for PPV on a Chat years ago.

My Question, again: Does this same result apply to VOD Channel 501 movies (or other events) and DishOnLine, meaning can we order that VOD or OnLine content on all the account boxes and be charged only one $6.99 charge on the bill and still watch on all boxes just like it is for PPV movie purchases? Yes or NO, to simplify the response.

Thanks again for your help if anyone has the answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)