Voice Sync off

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
PBS on AMC 21 has, for me, a real big voice and mouth movement problem. Is this something that I can adjust or is it coming that way from the provider?

RT.

Does the problem go away if you change channels and return? If your receiver has DVR function, is the AV sync out during playback? If receiver is a DVR, are you time shifting or buffering the recording for rewind trick play? If receiver is a DVR, remove the drive to determine if the drive is introducing the AV sync issues.

What are you using to decode the Dolby audio? You may introducing a delay in processing either the audio or the video if using separate devices to display the video and play the audio.

Does the problem go away if you change channels and return? If your receiver has DVR function, is the AV sync out during playback? If receiver is a DVR, are you time shifting or buffering the recording for rewind trick play? If receiver is a DVR, remove the drive to determine if the drive is introducing the AV sync issues.

What are you using to decode the Dolby audio? You may introducing a delay in processing either the audio or the video if using separate devices to display the video and play the audio.
No DVR connection on the S9. Does go to my Onkyo receiver then to the speakers. Disconnected that and went directly from the S9 audio out to the TV speakers. Did so with the video also to the TV. Did not make any difference. Problem is there after changing channels. Only on PBS from AMC 21.
:confused:

RT.

OH, guess what! It was the S9 having a "fit." It had been on for over 24 hours. When I truned it off, waited a few, powered up, the sound was OK. Another "trick" the S9 likes to put out. What next?

Last edited:
Are you are staying on the same transponder when changing channels the receiver? If so, the receiver is not being forced to reacquire the signal and re-reference the PCR. It is very typical on consumer STBs to only reference the PCR and sync only when tuning a new transponder.

Now if you are changing channels to one on a new transponder frequency and the sync is off on the new transponder as well, then that is not a typical decoding issue and it would be a signal processing problem with the receiver.

Are you are staying on the same transponder when changing channels the receiver? If so, the receiver is not being forced to reacquire the signal and re-reference the PCR. It is very typical on consumer STBs to only reference the PCR and sync only when tuning a new transponder.

Now if you are changing channels to one on a new transponder frequency and the sync is off on the new transponder as well, then that is not a typical decoding issue and it would be a signal processing problem with the receiver.
Three stations are on TP 19 and two are on TP 20. I am almost sure I did not leave TP 19. Only switched between PBS E, West, and Create. Interesting thing to know if it pops up again.
Thanks,

RT.

glad power off fixed it but just so you know the onkyo 605 has a LipSync feature available on the HDMI in/out, maybe your onkyo also has it and could also sync it on the fly if you only use HDMI that is.

glad power off fixed it but just so you know the onkyo 605 has a LipSync feature available on the HDMI in/out, maybe your onkyo also has it and could also sync it on the fly if you only use HDMI that is.
Problem was not the Onkyo, it was the S9. Mine has a few years on it. Not sure as to manufacture date, not marked. It is the TX-DS797. The entire back is inputs and outputs but no HDMI. Too old for that. Would not do much good anyway. My TV has DVI for the "best" input. HDMI came out with the next model, bummer. No LipSync feature - too old. But it still can blow your socks off in my home theater if you crank it up!:eek:

RT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts