voltage switched servo controller

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I found this pic on another forum:

No schematic was offered. See if any of you can identify the parts and make sense of what they did.

Attachments

• internals.jpg
    internals.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 254
  • outside.jpg
    outside.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 222
I will be following this thread and hopefully we can get a schematic. I want one! I see a voltage regulator, some diodes, resistors, capacitor, looks like maybe a crystal over to the right corner. Not sure what the IC is. But this is a start. And no I am not smart enough to make sense of what they do. I can build though.

I will build one or two

If I can get a schematic or one of the more electronic engineer endowed folks could figure out what they did.

Even add a potentiometer somewhere where the skew could be adjusted a bit in either switched mode.

these pics came from a site called Sat industry forums.

I think they do some hacking as I seen a section for "files" "keys".
Get past that stuff and this is on there. I thought about registering to send a pm to the guy who made this.

I was thinking about a pot as well for fine tuning...I think this would be a must. I will check the site out. I always wondered why the vbox (which I don't own yet) doesn't have a skew controller on it. They need a bud version.

Correct me if Im wrong but skew is pulsed at about 1/2 volt bursts.
how would a pot do that?

Truckracer if you are looking to build something, I once had a c-band feedhorn with a polarotor1 on it (no feedback-just voltage only, reversed the voltage to switch H to V etc) When the receiver I had quit moving it, a very early model I forget which, I went to radioshack and bought a toggle-switch, and put a 9volt battery inside the metal box I mounted it on. Hooked up wires to it all from the feedhorn, and just pushed left or right on the switch to change polarity lol. Crude but it worked until I got a new feedhorn and better receiver.

I was looking to build something more automatic and transparent. Just flip the remote control channels and coax voltage would convert to 5v pulses to change polarity.

I can certainly see where the voltage controlled lnbf's are an asset. I just wish my bsc-621 did better on ku.

I was looking to build something more automatic and transparent. Just flip the remote control channels and coax voltage would convert to 5v pulses to change polarity.

I can certainly see where the voltage controlled lnbf's are an asset. I just wish my bsc-621 did better on ku.

I know where your coming from with making it automatic. When I put up my primestar dish it has the stock LNB so it feed V & H on 2 coax's. When pointed at X4 I originally had a to get up and switch a manual switch for V & H. Due to logic issues on the 4DTV it will not accept a polorotor and & LNBF at the same time. I ended up getting an old coax relay from 1989 that had a a 0/5 volt state. The trick was to interface it to the 4D for automatic operation. Using the unknown port next to the polorotor connections on the 4D that can contol a V/H logic state I built a logic switch with a transistor, relay, voltage regulator and a few support parts. That did what I wanted. I kept doing research & experimenting till I came up with what I wanted. So keep on keeping on... and something will turn up for what you want. :) :)

I know this is very do-able. Once I did see an old servo switch that did what I want. I think a few of the other members on the board would benefit from this type of device. I emailed DMS international and ask them for a solution. I asked them to incorporate this function in the next V-box.

They created 1/2 the solution to interface new school (FTA diseqc) to old school (actuator arms).
Now we need them to build this into their new v-box.
Imagine even having the v-box remote with a skew buttons! I am still looking

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.