Volume level differences on VIP722 mainly between HD and SD channels

irwin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
I used to have a VIP622 and a VIP722.
I recently upgraded my VIP622 to the VIP922.
Now where I have my VIP722, I just purchased a new Sony TV/surround sound system last week that doesnt support the volume level feature.
I called Dish today and they told me the VIP722K has the volume leveling feature. But they say I need to pay for an upgrade from the VIP722 to the VIP722K.
This seems unreasonable as I just paid them on my other box to upgrade from the VIP622 to the VIP922. So I said fine what will it cost me now again to upgrade from a VIP722 to a VIP722K.
So they now say since I already upgraded my old VIP622 to the VIP922 they cannnot upgrade my VIP722 to the VIP722K.

Any suggestions

722K Volume Leveling

Does anyone have any experience as to how well the VIP722K does volume leveling when switching between HD and SD?

Does anyone have any experience as to how well the VIP722K does volume leveling when switching between HD and SD?

You are always going to have louder volume on SD compared to HD. It's the technical nature of the beast(s).

On my other TV where I have a VIP922 and also a TV that does volume leveling I actually dont have any level difference at all between HD and SD

osu1991 said:
Isn't volume leveling included in the latest software update that began slowly spooling out to the 722's yesterday.

I hope it is. My receiver still has 629 on it

Isn't volume leveling included in the latest software update that began slowly spooling out to the 722's yesterday.

That what the release notes say but I cannot find the option in ANY of the menus.

Having the option on the 922 & 722K I can say that its worthless anyway so........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)