Volume One, Show NineTeen!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
What a week for Satelliteguys.us! Scott and Bob kick off this week’s podcast with a recap of the Scotty Chat. We also talk about Charlie opening up and giving a sneak peak at Dish’s future plans. We finally close the podcast with the AMC 14 Launch and exact details as well as some buzz that Scott is hearing regarding the AMC 14 situation. Remember to Vote for us at Podcast Alley! Also, if you have any questions that weren’t answered during the Scottie chat or have new ones, feel free to give us a call on the podcast hotline and we will answer any questions you may have!
Dial Up Users Click Here

Attachments

• satelliteguys031608.mp3
    10.9 MB · Views: 1,591
I have been waiting on this one since Friday.

Great show guys. You did not disappoint!!!

awesome show guys! just got a chance to listen to it.

Thanks, I felt alittle off this show expecally with the whole amc14 thing. Next week how ever! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Job Scott and Goaliebob99! Yes I was one kind of giving the Russians a hard time about their Rocket. But all in all it was just that all in play I have respect for them due to I know they try to do the best they can do. I wish them all the luck on figuring out what caused their problem and good luck on future projects.. :)

Just a quick note to go along with the last podcast. The guys were referring to the different reasons we all chose different satellite providers. My reason was purely economic. In 1995 when I purchased my first Directv (Toshiba) system, it was because of money available; and the fact that I wanted independance from my local cable company in Clearwater, Florida. When we moved up to Orlando about 8 years ago, I purchased a new receiver and dish from Walmart and for the second time, succesfully installed the gear by myself. In both instances I was never below 99 on the meter. The system was EASY to self-install.
I only switched over to Dish Network when I realized that my line-of-sight COULD get me over the trees at the perimeter of the lot. I also was ticked about Directv devoting so much time to sports, its' lack of movies (at a reasonable price), AND a reasonable monthly charge; which is what got me into satellite TV in the first place.
Now I can listen to Mexican music without having to pay extra for the convenience. I have two western feed 'the Movie Channels", and all the Encore entertainment I need....In addition, I picked up lots of FUTBOL coverage which I did not expect; plus all the other peripheral programming in Spanish which I get with the 250 package.
Directv is fine. I think this is better because I can feed four rooms for $5, where with Directv it will cost 3 times that and I'll need three more converter boxes! When I get ready for HD....there may be some soul-searching.
Great Pod Cast. I am sorry I didn't know about you all until tonight.
Thanks...I'll be listening .. Tony Genco

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)