Volume Three, Show Ten

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Boy oh Boy do we have a show for you. Do you want DirecTV News! You got it! Do want Dish Network News, You Got it! Do you want XstreamHD news, You Got it! In fact, I can’t think of a service we didn’t talk about on this week’s show. This is one you don’t want to miss! Scott and Bob open the show with Directv news about satelliteguys.us as well as the upcoming iPhone launch as well as a festivus of hd coming this Wednesday. We continue on with news about Dish Network with Univision, Telefutra, and Galavision. Finally we close out the show with EchoStar, Xstream HD, Sirius, and Netflix talk. There is so much in this show you don’t want to miss it! As always don’t forget to vote for us over at podcast alley!

Attachments

• satguys033009.mp3
    13.1 MB · Views: 1,673
Unlike other sites we do not take an already produced Podcast and label it as our own! Our Podcasts are made by SatelliteGuys for SatelliteGuys!

Ummm, you *do* realize they never labeled it as their own, that they were simply making it easy to get on their site, like many other sites (like AVS) already do?

Per their news article on it:
DBSTalk is proud to feature the HT Guys Podcast. The HT Guys, Ara Derderian and Braden Russell, are Engineers who formerly worked for the Advanced Digital Systems Group (ADSG) of Sony Pictures Entertainment. ADSG was the R&D unit of the sound department producing products for movie theaters and movie studios. Every week they put together podcasts about High Definition TV and Home Theater. Each episode brings news from the A/V world, helpful product reviews and insights and help in demystifying and simplifying HDTV and home theater.

To hear the latest HT Guys Podcast, click the logo above or use the new convenient tab located at the top of every page.

So please explain how they are claiming this podcast as their own? Sensitive much?

Ummm, you *do* realize they never labeled it as their own, that they were simply making it easy to get on their site, like many other sites (like AVS) already do?

So please explain how they are claiming this podcast as their own? Sensitive much?

No one ever said that we were even pointing to DBSTALK. There is more than one home theater site out there ;). And Yes DBSTalk is one of those sites who doesnt produce thier own podcast's and features other syndicated podcast, Dbstalk is one of many! Instead of trying to stir the pot why don't we go back to reporting the news and helping others! Thats what this place is all about.

ALVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting the same thing. Correction did the downloaded version and it is fine.

Ok Ill take a look into why the java player is sounding Alvin again :) Please do download as most media players wont sound like Alvin. I do suggest if you haven't already setting up a season pass (subscribing) through i tunes or zune market place, so that way you dont miss an episode and you wont ever get the chipmonks sound through your preffered mp3 device.

Good show, One request. Do what you did to Sirius/XM But now take it to Dishnetwork, and request answers for dropping channels,and added rate increases without notice.
Is everyone forgetting about the 13 million E* customers that don't go on Satellite guys or DBS talk?
Now you guys are in good with D* right?
Time to put charlie on the spot.

We have done this in the past and have received answers on why things were taken down.

In fact last May just after VOOM was taken down we set up an IN PERSON meeting with 25 SatelliteGuys members and Charlie Ergen.

Many of them were VERY upset with Charlie about VOOM being removed, however after hearing the reasons why it was removed and what happened behind the scenes, those folks who were upset with Charlie and Dish were not as upset anymore, in fact many agreed with what Charlie did.

On thing to remember that is VERY different between Dish dropping Channels and SiriusXM removing the 64k streaming option is that the Dish Network user agreement says programming lineup subject to change. While on the SiriusXM side they wanted everyone to lock in for the services they had and then poof the level of service changed with SiriusXM removing the 64k stream and then telling people if they want higher quality to pay $2.99 more a month. There is a big difference there. :)

We have done this in the past and have received answers on why things were taken down.

In fact last May just after VOOM was taken down we set up an IN PERSON meeting with 25 SatelliteGuys members and Charlie Ergen.

Many of them were VERY upset with Charlie about VOOM being removed, however after hearing the reasons why it was removed and what happened behind the scenes, those folks who were upset with Charlie and Dish were not as upset anymore, in fact many agreed with what Charlie did.

On thing to remember that is VERY different between Dish dropping Channels and SiriusXM removing the 64k streaming option is that the Dish Network user agreement says programming lineup subject to change. While on the SiriusXM side they wanted everyone to lock in for the services they had and then poof the level of service changed with SiriusXM removing the 64k stream and then telling people if they want higher quality to pay $2.99 more a month. There is a big difference there. :)
I don't see any difference. Whats the difference between that and Turbo packs not having same HD channels as the Classic packs that cost more money? E* went through and sent DVR atvantage customers, the "LOCK IN YOUR PRICE" flyer I got one in my Hand from November 2008, But my rate still went up $3. I know I'm not the only one to have one of these.

Again check out your user agreement.

What Sirius XM did is defined as Bait and Switch, They promised users something and after the customer paid their money they were told they needed to pay more money to get what they were promised.

However Dish adds and removes channels all the time, and the user agreement (which you agreed to) says they can do this. There is nothig you can do but switch providrs, and in doing that there is no guarentee that your channel will remain on that provider as well.

Again check out your user agreement.

What Sirius XM did is defined as Bait and Switch, They promised users something and after the customer paid their money they were told they needed to pay more money to get what they were promised.

However Dish adds and removes channels all the time, and the user agreement (which you agreed to) says they can do this. There is nothig you can do but switch providrs, and in doing that there is no guarentee that your channel will remain on that provider as well.
No one is talking about switching providers. Bait an switch. Scott think about what you just said, and then Think Turbo packs, Think Fox News HD, Think of Voom and the New customers that had it for a day after they switch , Becuase E* was claimming more HD Channels the any other provider. E* is King of Bait and switch, Problem is most everyone has caught on, So its not working as well as it used too. What ever though, E* will just keep on losing customers, because quite frankly he's never told he's doing anything wrong. Can't wait to see what happend when they lose the top 3 Spanish channels. But I'm sure its not his fault.:rolleyes:

Again read the agreement that you agreed to, it says they can add and remove channels as they wish. No matter if its Charlies fault or the programmers fault does not matter. This is something that you agreed to let them do.

:rolleyes:

Ok Ill take a look into why the java player is sounding Alvin again :) Please do download as most media players wont sound like Alvin. I do suggest if you haven't already setting up a season pass (subscribing) through i tunes or zune market place, so that way you dont miss an episode and you wont ever get the chipmonks sound through your preffered mp3 device.

Still doing it for me this morning. Downloading it worked fine though. Will probably do that from now on. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts