Volume Three, Show Eight

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
On this week’s podcast, Scott and Bob try recap dish network’s earnings call and boy do we tell it like how we see it. We continue on with some important programming announcements as well as Scotts almost appearance on the Fox Business Channel. As always don’t forget to vote for us on podcast alley and we will see you next week on the world famous Scotty chat where we take your calls. Mark your calendars now!

Attachments

• satguys030209.mp3
    7.8 MB · Views: 859
I didn't like this episode, it was too negative in response to todays earnings call. I love helping spread the love of satellite technology and this show did not spread that love. :(

I also noticed the lack of love on the podcast too, but I guess that comes with the territory. Sure wish there was some news for Directv, but I know that not your fault. Come on Directv and gives up some thing to be excited about!!

Thank you Scott & Goaliebob99 for another great podcast!

I didn't like this episode, it was too negative in response to todays earnings call. I love helping spread the love of satellite technology and this show did not spread that love. :(

Scott, that is what is coming out of dish. While I would love to glorify and promote dish just as much as you, at the same time dish needs to get their act together. When I worked for dish their goal was to become the Number one DTV pay provider, somewhere they have lost sight of that goal. Instead of focusing on giving the customer what they want, dish is more worried about the cost of programming, when the cost in actuality has remained the same as their competitors. I really wish sometimes Charlie would hire some one like me who's looking from the outside in on a consumer standpoint, If he did this and actually allowed our recommendations to be implemented, the titanic would steer back on choruse and make it to dock. Dish can have a great product, but it seems like charlie hasnt found the right guy or gal for the job who can steer the ship. Come on watcha waiting for charlie!

GoalieBob, in this podcast you say this...

"I went to directv for the sports packaging that directv has, which dish network currently still doesn't have anything remotely close to that ie 24-hour regional sports networks."

I have the following...

DISH Network Multi-sport Package

How is this different from what directv offers?

Hes talking about the HD RSN's.

Dish only carries select games in HD from the HD RSN's while DirecTV carries the HD RSN's 24/7.

So if you want to watch a game in HD on Dish sometimes will be on in HD and other times it wont.

Dish advertises these HD RSN's like they carry these channels 24 hours a day.

GoalieBob, in this podcast you say this...

"I went to directv for the sports packaging that directv has, which dish network currently still doesn't have anything remotely close to that ie 24-hour regional sports networks."

I have the following...

DISH Network Multi-sport Package

How is this different from what directv offers?

He might be talking about 24-hour HD, or maybe networks such as YES and the Mtn.

So directv has, say for instance, FSN Ohio HD all the time?

What of the material is HD and what is not? Is it only the HD games and then it goes to black bar mode?

I watch the Blue Jackets on FSN Ohio, and when the game is on in HD I get a separate channel with the game on. Shortly after the game, they switch that channel off and I watch the postgame on the SD feed. What happens on the full time HD channel at that time? Does it switch back to SD?

Is the Best Damn Sports Show Period in HD?

What of the material is HD and what is not? Is it only the HD games and then it goes to black bar mode?

I watch the Blue Jackets on FSN Ohio, and when the game is on in HD I get a separate channel with the game on. Shortly after the game, they switch that channel off and I watch the postgame on the SD feed. What happens on the full time HD channel at that time? Does it switch back to SD?

Yes, there is actually quite a bit of material up there. For instance My rsn Comcast sports net Chicago has 75% hd penetration at all times, meaning that 75 percent of the programming is in hd. At the time of the switch, the post game is in HD, allthough dish doesnt show it. On Directv, they are enjoying the post game in HD. There also is times where other collage games and programming is on in HD that your not getting because E* isnt offering the channel in HD. I belive there was WSOP (world series of Poker) on the other day in HD, or one of those full tilt poker deals.

Hes talking about the HD RSN's.

Dish only carries select games in HD from the HD RSN's while DirecTV carries the HD RSN's 24/7.

So if you want to watch a game in HD on Dish sometimes will be on in HD and other times it wont.

Dish advertises these HD RSN's like they carry these channels 24 hours a day.

Scott,

How is dish planning to handle the HD RSN load this spring & summer with the 2009 MLB season? Will they be allocating any more TP space to HD RSNs so they can show all of the HD games that are available?

Thanks

db2

Scott,

How is dish planning to handle the HD RSN load this spring & summer with the 2009 MLB season? Will they be allocating any more TP space to HD RSNs so they can show all of the HD games that are available?

Thanks

db2
Who knows at Team Summit last year they announced that they were going to have most of the HD RSN's 24/7 by the end of the year last year.

It stinks when there is a game on in HD and for whatever reason Dish does not show it in HD.

Although I have found it funny this year as Dish has been carrying the pre season games of the Boston Red Sox in HD, while the games themself have all been in SD. I guess NESN isn't producing the pre season games in HD this year.

Who knows at Team Summit last year they announced that they were going to have most of the HD RSN's 24/7 by the end of the year last year.

It stinks when there is a game on in HD and for whatever reason Dish does not show it in HD.

Thanks for the quick reply. If nothing has been said by now I'm sure Dish plans to show several of the HD games only in SD. This is like watching a car wreck in slow motion.

Scott come to think of it, I havent seen a preseason game in hd yet. Comcast Sports Net Chicago had a SD wide mlb preseason game with the sox and dbacks, but thats the closest I have seen. April is only around the corner and we should have every game in hd by then. Seriously that is what is holding me from dish right now, but I have a feeling that I might stick with D* even though the 922 is coming. Or uverse.

FSN Ohio is NOT 24-7 HD on DirecTV. It only seems select RSNs are 24-7 on DirecTV.

I believe there are plans for FSN Ohio. But Sports Time Ohio, which has more actual HD content than FSN has no plans for HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts