Volunteers wanted

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Hey guys, I've been wanting to re-write a few things for our CE area, and haven't had time. If an experienced CE'er has some time in the next few weeks, I'd like to have you do some writing, so we can review it, and replaced our out-dated documentation.

Here is what I'd like:

A CE how-to, including the purpose of the program, a brief history (start, OTA, VOD, ups-&-downs, etc), the risks/disclaimers (no call's, etc), and instructions (02468).

What we have now is two threads that are old.

Also, a smaller project, I want to create a list of all the hidden features, using keyword searches or without. Some that come to mind are 30skip / 30slip, the new superskip, "iamanedgecutter". Possibly include screen-shot directions and the purpose of each code. I know there are a few more that I can't remember.

Lastly, perhaps the biggest, I'd like to do something related to media-share and the server options availalbe. I just tried TVersity for the first time this week and was VERY impressed, as it will stream MPEG files from the computer. I never messed with the video share much, but with a good server program, it is impressive (when it works).

If you're interested in helping - shoot me a PM. I'd like to compile some easy to read references for new users :)

Guys, you can work on whatever you want. What I listed above is things I've wanted to accomplish, but I'm very busy at work this time of year, so I won't have time to do any writing anytime soon. I'll be more than happy to review anything you guys want to start. :)

Hey guys, I've been wanting to re-write a few things for our CE area, and haven't had time. If an experienced CE'er has some time in the next few weeks, I'd like to have you do some writing, so we can review it, and replaced our out-dated documentation.

Are you calling my contributions dated! :eek::p;) It does need updating. I just dont have time with my new job and 2 small kids but will help wherever I can.

Are you calling my contributions dated!

Even I'm feeling dated lately.

The 1080p, network stuff, NFL, VOD, media share, etc.

There is alot there in the past year. I'm searching for the unemployed guy that has free time and knows alot about CEs :p

Darren - you tell me, it's wide open invitation.

Want to tackle the intro/how to or the hidden features feel free :)

Darren - feel free to send me anything you write as you go via email. I'll regularly review it and provide comments. Use the original threads from Brewer4 as a guide (stickys at the bottom).

email directly: jcrandall@satelliteguys.us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)