VOOM 3 Weeks To Get A Tech Out To Replace A Receiver?

patrickpiteo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
VOOM 3 Weeks To Get A Tech Out To Replace A Receiver? UPDATE ! GREAT HELP FROM VOOM !

I called VOOM service last night because my VOOM box optical output is going in and out. Yes I do know I can use the regular audio outputs but I want my 5.1... Well I was told first that the soonest they could come out was Aug 31.. A week away and I said OK. The CSR then comes back on and says that It would be longer and that the soonest would be August 14! I said you kidding me. Can't you do better then that. She said hold on and then she cames back with Aug 12. I settled for that, and told her that this was not a good way to service customers and what if my box was completely dead I would have no service for 3 weeks? I also have D* and as bad as they can be the longest I ever waited was 4 days. Ship the stupid box to me I can do it In 5 minutes and save VOOM on the service call.. They have to get a better way of servicing their customers this way is just plain horrible. On the plus side I do love my VOOM for the great picture I get... Anybody else having this sort of problem?

Try calling Installs Inc, they may be able to give you the ph# for your local installer who probably has a sooner date available.

patrickpiteo said:
I called VOOM service last night because my VOOM box optical output is going in and out. Yes I do know I can use the regular audio outputs but I want my 5.1... Well I was told first that the soonest they could come out was Aug 31..

I find this hard to believe unless you said "I can only be here on the weekends or late evenings" which is my problem which is why I had to wait. Or else they could have had a tech out to me in 2 days. Also the problem could be with the cable itself it could be dirty, or you could have been experiencing drops in sat signal.

wasch_24 said:
Why don't you use the other digital output? You should be able to use any composite cable you have laying around.

His A/V receiver may not have the coax digital input. Mine only has 1 opt and 1 coax digital. It just depends.

Coax digital I don't care if you use a 5 foot think monster cable, is not as crisp as the optical cables... no amount of debating will convince me otherwise.

Neutron said:
His A/V receiver may not have the coax digital input. Mine only has 1 opt and 1 coax digital. It just depends.
Exactly all my other optical inputs are taken, I see no difference from the coax or optical here is an update on my problem..

Dave from Voom got me help.

Dave,

Thanks for your help .. whatever you did. I got a call in work saying that the CSR was incorrect that the date should have been no later then 3 days away from when I called to get a repair. Well they did even better then that and a tech will be out tomorrow with a new box..

GREAT SERVICE ! and thanks..
Here is to Vooming for a long, long time...

Pat

Update 7/27. They were here this morning and replaced the box. Great customer service and thank you to Dave at VOOM.

Here is to VOOMING for life...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)