VOOM 3 Weeks To Get A Tech Out To Replace A Receiver?

patrickpiteo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
VOOM 3 Weeks To Get A Tech Out To Replace A Receiver? UPDATE ! GREAT HELP FROM VOOM !

I called VOOM service last night because my VOOM box optical output is going in and out. Yes I do know I can use the regular audio outputs but I want my 5.1... Well I was told first that the soonest they could come out was Aug 31.. A week away and I said OK. The CSR then comes back on and says that It would be longer and that the soonest would be August 14! I said you kidding me. Can't you do better then that. She said hold on and then she cames back with Aug 12. I settled for that, and told her that this was not a good way to service customers and what if my box was completely dead I would have no service for 3 weeks? I also have D* and as bad as they can be the longest I ever waited was 4 days. Ship the stupid box to me I can do it In 5 minutes and save VOOM on the service call.. They have to get a better way of servicing their customers this way is just plain horrible. On the plus side I do love my VOOM for the great picture I get... Anybody else having this sort of problem?

Try calling Installs Inc, they may be able to give you the ph# for your local installer who probably has a sooner date available.

patrickpiteo said:
I called VOOM service last night because my VOOM box optical output is going in and out. Yes I do know I can use the regular audio outputs but I want my 5.1... Well I was told first that the soonest they could come out was Aug 31..

I find this hard to believe unless you said "I can only be here on the weekends or late evenings" which is my problem which is why I had to wait. Or else they could have had a tech out to me in 2 days. Also the problem could be with the cable itself it could be dirty, or you could have been experiencing drops in sat signal.

wasch_24 said:
Why don't you use the other digital output? You should be able to use any composite cable you have laying around.

His A/V receiver may not have the coax digital input. Mine only has 1 opt and 1 coax digital. It just depends.

Coax digital I don't care if you use a 5 foot think monster cable, is not as crisp as the optical cables... no amount of debating will convince me otherwise.

Neutron said:
His A/V receiver may not have the coax digital input. Mine only has 1 opt and 1 coax digital. It just depends.
Exactly all my other optical inputs are taken, I see no difference from the coax or optical here is an update on my problem..

Dave from Voom got me help.

Dave,

Thanks for your help .. whatever you did. I got a call in work saying that the CSR was incorrect that the date should have been no later then 3 days away from when I called to get a repair. Well they did even better then that and a tech will be out tomorrow with a new box..

GREAT SERVICE ! and thanks..
Here is to Vooming for a long, long time...

Pat

Update 7/27. They were here this morning and replaced the box. Great customer service and thank you to Dave at VOOM.

Here is to VOOMING for life...