Dish to announce special deal to get Voom customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

seahog

Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Just talked to CS supervisor.
Dish to announce on May 1st a special offer for Voom customers.

Re: May 1st offer

I was scheduled for Dish Install tomorrow.
I called CS about the 2nd dish required for Voom HD channels.
It was recommended that I postpone install because a better deal for Voom customers will be announced May 1st.
Whatever incentives they offer there still will be a $5.00 per month for the Voom HD channels plus $9.95 for the Dish HD package.

Your "better" deal will be $100 to add the 2nd dish! Better for Dish, not for us.

Is the 2nd Dish on 61.5 worth one hundred bucks?

What else can we get, if we invest the $100.00.

(Gees, seems a lot for 10 channels of which I only watch equator and
RAVE on a regular basis..)

Will the dish even be used when all HD goes to Mpeg-4--other threads say no, so we have a $100 dish we can't use in about a year or so--not to mention the 942 HD -DVR that can't do Mpeg4 either.

That's my issue, too, bookwalk. I'm wondering if there is a way to just get the Voom channels. I can keep my cable PVR and switch to DISH whenever I feel like watching Voom Channels. All I need is to lease an 811 for free.

The news release stated that the HD would be free for the first 6 months. I would assume after that it would be the total of $15 for the HD pak+VOOM

It is interesting that the name VOOM was kept by CVC. There was speculation that the name was doomed to be doomed.

bookwalk said:
Will the dish even be used when all HD goes to Mpeg-4--other threads say no, so we have a $100 dish we can't use in about a year or so--not to mention the 942 HD -DVR that can't do Mpeg4 either.
Granted about the 942. Don't know why anyone would buy one before E* announces any upgrade plans for MPEG-4.

But the dish is another story. When the programming moves, swing the dish over to the new azimuth, tighten it down, go inside and watch TV.

mdonnelly said:
Granted about the 942. Don't know why anyone would buy one before E* announces any upgrade plans for MPEG-4.

But the dish is another story. When the programming moves, swing the dish over to the new azimuth, tighten it down, go inside and watch TV.

We will have 3 dishes from Dishnetwork--one at 61.5, Dish 500 toward 119 or whatever and one at 148 for 2 of the locals. (I won't in reality as I am not going to subscribe to Dish anymore). In addition, we still have the VOOM dish and another large 30" KU band dish for internet and THEN there's our C-band 10' dish--enough is enough--no more dishes--this is absurd.

bookwalk said:
We will have 3 dishes from Dishnetwork--one at 61.5, Dish 500 toward 119 or whatever and one at 148 for 2 of the locals. (I won't in reality as I am not going to subscribe to Dish anymore). In addition, we still have the VOOM dish and another large 30" KU band dish for internet and THEN there's our C-band 10' dish--enough is enough--no more dishes--this is absurd.
Okay, I get it. You don't want to go to the trouble for 10 more HD channels. Fine. No skin off my nose. I'm just saying the dish WILL have a use for SOME PEOPLE after MPEG-4 is activated.

mdonnelly said:
Okay, I get it. You don't want to go to the trouble for 10 more HD channels. Fine. No skin off my nose. I'm just saying the dish WILL have a use for SOME PEOPLE after MPEG-4 is activated.

With Mpeg 4, I doubt anyone would need 3 dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)