Voom acting so weird :(

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aychamo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
My Voom is acting so weird. It just isn't working. Every channel it says "Cant find satelite signal for channel" I did the long-reset, and it has been "New program information is loading form the satellite." for a while now, and it went back to the channel, then it still doesn't have any program information. I was receiving a channel before I turned my box off and back on. Earlier today whenever I would put it on a channel, say Cinemax, it would go to a different channel.

This system is really very disappointing so far.

6/16 you posted that there had been no installation, and that you were looking for a new satellite service. So I'll assume that between then and now, you had Voom installed.

The symptoms you describe above sound like your STB is getting the software update to 5.68, and that you are trying to flip through channels while the update is occuring. Your best bet would be to turn off the STB and go do something else for a few hours. Then come back and turn on the STB and leave it alone for 30 minutes.

If it still messed up after that, unplug the STB and then plug it back in. You have to be patient enough to let the software download correctly.

hmm ... not sure that is correct but may be wrong. I had the same thing happen to me. just had voom installed on friday. lost signal 2 hours or so afterward and still no signal days later. Customer service said nothing about a software download. And even so it should of been done days ago.
So my guess is a problem with the new boxes...quality control issues maybe.
Hope Im wrong.

bobfnbw--
You had signal for 2 hours and then it stopped on multiple boxes? And then no signal for several days? That is not because of a software download. First thing would be to unplug the STB's and then plug them back in, and see if that returns your signal. If not, then there are about 100 other things that could be wrong, but maybe your dish wasn't secured properly and it moved? Or bad LNB? Or bad diplexer?

Similar problems here....Installed 6/17, died 6/21.
Upon initial boot, says trying to download. Never stops.
Can't watch any channels, as it says has no signal strength.

CSR, unhelpful, unknowledgeable. Set me up with an appointment
in 2 1/2 weeks...like that is acceptable! Unbelieveable. :mad:

Firmware says it is .68 and signal strength is not an issue. I had
a 95 after installation.

I just recently had a loss of service due to a freid diplexor. OTA was fine but I was getting all zero's for satellite. It may be the same thing....or maybe not. Make sure you ask Voom to prorate your account for the days without service.

Thanks for the idea. Not using a diplexer as I have a separate coax run for the dish and the ota.

Was on the phone for 30minutes (after being on hold for 1hour) and
the CSR didn't mention crediting my account despite the first available
appointment being in 2 weeks!

The thing that really kills me is that I cancelled my dish yesterday morning prior to the voom box dying. Sad, but being TV-less is very, very frustrating.

Guys--sorry you are having reception / service problems. That has got to be a frustrating experience, and I wish I could help. People who work for Voom follow the forums, so at least your posts are being seen, and by relating your own experience, you will help others down the road. I know that is not much consolation, but the rest of us feel bad for you. I hope the problems get straightened out QUICK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)