VOOM Ad on MSN.com

ddlsmith

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2004
While viewing an article on MSN.com this morning, I noticed the following ad:

VOOM Satellite - New Special Offer
Install up to 3 rooms for only $1. Experience fantastic HDTV programming with VOOM. Maximize your TV viewing experience with over 120 HDTV channels in all. Special offer included.

Wow!
scared.gif
120 HD channels? I think I'm going to cancel my VOOM satellite service and sign up for the VOOM satellite service.
lol.gif

riffjim4069 said:
:what Scott, don't see it on the MSN site...do you have the URL? Where in the heck are they going to find, much less place, 120 HD channels?
This is where I saw it:http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=181563 If the ad does not appear under "SPONSORED SITES", hit the refresh button once or twice and the ads will change.

(I realize this is a misprint, VOOM.com promotes 120 channels, not 120 HD channels. I just thought the error should be pointed out.)

The Stone Man said:
Maybe it was the total of HD channels on the three STB's you would get with a 3 room installation. :D
If so, that is highly misleading. That's like an auto maker advertising a 120,000 mile warranty on your new car (that's 30,000 per tire!) I think they really meant 120 total channels because that's what their website says. I would be p*ssed though if I were a new customer, saw the ad, called VOOM for the 120 HD channels and found out otherwise. It's called bait and switch, get the customer's attention (New car only $9,999) then say "sorry that one is already sold" Happens every day but shouldn't in Voomland.

ddlsmith said:
If so, that is highly misleading. That's like an auto maker advertising a 120,000 mile warranty on your new car (that's 30,000 per tire!) I think they really meant 120 total channels because that's what their website says. I would be p*ssed though if I were a new customer, saw the ad, called VOOM for the 120 HD channels and found out otherwise. It's called bait and switch, get the customer's attention (New car only $9,999) then say "sorry that one is already sold" Happens every day but shouldn't in Voomland.

I believe humor was intended. :D :D :D

dougmcbride said:
I believe humor was intended. :D :D :D
I know it was, unless it turned out to be true which would be very, very scary.
no.gif

Screen shot of Voom ad on MSN

Ok, here is the actual ad on MSN. I originally thought it was a joke. How could they make a mistake like this???

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 283
dash2004 said:
Ok, here is the actual ad on MSN. I originally thought it was a joke. How could they make a mistake like this???

Guess you never made a mistake.... !?

My menu system somewhere tells me I get somthing like 141 channels, seems they need to update their figures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts