Voom addressed on the Charlie Chat

I think Charlie needs a bit more brain cells as was pointed out in another posting the actual HD is more like 40 as many channels are repeated and his math calls that 80 HD? Voom was the best thing in HD, and they added a number of new shows right before Charlie pulled them off the air and started to continue to try to tell us they have 80 HD and are the leader in HD; when in reality Directv has 95 now and it costs less. I see no logic to continue to pay hard earned dollars for someone trying to scam me and also whom removed the best 15 HD channels and replaced them with the up converted crap including the weather channel and cartoons in HD. He must think we are all idiots; to me he is the idiot.
Once again, why aren't you gone?

Well he talked about it a little. Lack of new programming, consolidating channels and the fact they were going through the courts. He doesn't seem optimistic but just maybe someday.. who knows?

Well, again, this is Charlie's spin on things.

We simply don't know what the real story is or even (as I've mentioned in another thread or two) if there even is a real story. In particular, it is virtually impossible to come up with a definitive way of measuring how much is spent on a particular aspect of a company's operations.

That said, IIRC, Charlie mentioned that he was "open" to discussing things with VOOM out of court. When someone in his position says something like that it indicates, at least to me, that he is dying to come to some settlement. Positions only weaken over time so if he was absolutely confident he would prevail in court and that so prevailing would be in Dish's best interests then he would (again, IMO) have not mentioned an out-of-court discussion at all or would have said adamantly that he would never even consider it (which, translated, means he's open to it :) ).

At least we now all know one thing. The Voom channels (or at least some of them) were in fact popular. If they were not, Charlie would not have addressed it at all.

All of our complaints did give him something to think about.

Yes, he said that he had intended to keep some of the channels on. We saw him keep 5 on for an extra day. Perhaps they could have kept 5-7 or so on, if they had been able to conduct peaceful negotiations.

VOOM could have agreed to keep 5 on, but must have felt that their future revenue picture was better to go the lawsuit route.

Like I said before he wanted to KEEP VOOM, when he dropped VOOM he kept 5 of the best VOOM channels.

VOOM was unhappy and demanded that Dish return all 15 channels or remove them all. Charlie removed them all.

Face the facts... VOOM is NOT coming back. Hopefully we see some of the former VOOM channels in the future, but that is all in Rainbow Medias hands now.

No since they would not be "Voom" channels.

Theywould be regular channels froom Rainbow Media, just like AMC,FUSE, WE etc... they would not be tied or branded as VOOM channels.

You know what, give us another 15 or so HD channels to replace the Voom channels and I think this whole issue will go away on its own!

The problem was that they put the Voom and the new HD channels up on the same day so you know they got the capacity for another 15 more!

That's my feeling!

Add 15 HD Premiums and I'll forever shut up about Voom. I would like 15 more 24/7 5.1 DD HD Channels. How about the Starz Pak or HBO Pak (not just East HD and West HD) and what about Showtime, Showtime Beyond HD?

Fishing HD, Strech-o-Vision HD, no HD content HD, is not going to cut it.

I'll shut up about Voom when we have new 24/7 HD 5.1 DD replacing it.

AND,

1) This thread is titled "Voom addressed on the Charlie Chat" - to enter this thread and complain about people posting about Voom is ridiculous and embarrassing. If you are sick of reading about Voom, what the hell are you doing clicking on a title with the word Voom in it?

2) This is a forum, if people want to talk about Voom, they have the freedom to do that here. It's not against the rules and I do not see moderators insisting we stop or having to delete posts as if they were spam.

If you're sick of Voom threads, I would suggest you STOP CLICKING ON VOOM TITLED THREADS - DUH

Personally, I'm thankful for all the people here keeping us updated and informed about these developments. I'm grateful this forum was here form me when the Voom channels went DARK.

I wonder how many new members signed up and became active members because of this situation? I signed up a long time ago, but I never frequented this board or posted on a regular basis until the Voom lights went out. (You can love that or hate that)

Charlie seemed just a bit disingenuous with his comments on Voom. I suspect he felt it a good idea to make a passing mention of it on the Chat. But he implied, by omission, that the courts had sided in his favor on the removal of the 15 channels from Dish Network. This is absolutely not the case. The only ruling thus far by the NY Supreme court is that they would not provide Voom with a temporary injunction preventing E* from moving Voom to the HD Ultimate tier. The denial of the temporary injunction simply means that Voom needs to go to trial regarding the matter of E* moving Voom to the HD Ultimate tier. The matter of the complete removal of Voom, and thus E*'s termination of the 15 year affiliate agreement is another matter entirely, and the main reason for Voom's amended complaint. I havent seen E*'s response yet to Voom's amended complaint, but I want to see that as much as I want to find out who the Final Five are.

when he dropped VOOM he kept 5 of the best VOOM channels.

Scott, I respectfully disagree. There is no way the 5 he kept were the best in my opinion and there were more than 5 that were the best channels, unless you just meant that Voom were the best channels and he kept 5. In that case I agree. I do not exactly remember the exact 5 that were kept for a day, but I do remember that I would not have chosen Kung Fu over Filmfest and Voom Movies. I was real disappointed not to see Gallery and Ultra in that 5. I would also have chosen Rave, Equator, and Treasure. Maybe Rave and Equator were part of the 5 they kept, I cannot remember it all happened so fast. I given the choice could probably only choose about 5 I could stand to part with and they might not have been the 5 the next guy would have chosen to eliminate, therefor to me from what I am able to remember the 5 that were left after 10 were removed were not all of my choices. I would have been happy if they kept the whole Voom package, though I could see that some could have neede to go. All the ones that were initially removed were not my choices just as the 5 that were kept would not have been either.

It seems that Charlie left the door slightly open for VOOM which is, if VOOM is to return to Dish it will be on Charlie's terms and only the channels Charlie wants.

You know what, give us another 15 or so HD channels to replace the Voom channels and I think this whole issue will go away on its own!

The problem was that they put the Voom and the new HD channels up on the same day so you know they got the capacity for another 15 more!

When I talked to this jerk at the Dish Retention department, he insisted that they have replaced all the channel that they removed.

Maybe Charlie got the same brainwash job that was done to his employee.

Scott, I respectfully disagree. There is no way the 5 he kept were the best in my opinion and there were more than 5 that were the best channels, unless you just meant that Voom were the best channels and he kept 5. In that case I agree. I do not exactly remember the exact 5 that were kept for a day, but I do remember that I would not have chosen Kung Fu over Filmfest and Voom Movies. I was real disappointed not to see Gallery and Ultra in that 5. I would also have chosen Rave, Equator, and Treasure. Maybe Rave and Equator were part of the 5 they kept, I cannot remember it all happened so fast. I given the choice could probably only choose about 5 I could stand to part with and they might not have been the 5 the next guy would have chosen to eliminate, therefor to me from what I am able to remember the 5 that were left after 10 were removed were not all of my choices. I would have been happy if they kept the whole Voom package, though I could see that some could have neede to go. All the ones that were initially removed were not my choices just as the 5 that were kept would not have been either.

I think Scott is referring to the 5 most watched Voom channels. They can check this somehow through our receivers.

When I talked to this jerk at the Dish Retention department, he insisted that they have replaced all the channel that they removed.

Maybe Charlie got the same brainwash job that was done to his employee.

That is what they have been saying all along but it doesn't add up.

MTV instead of Rave- well we had both
Chiller instead of Monsters- Chiller is SD and on a higher package...

They are going to spin it anyway they want. Do you expect Charlie to say " take the pain and bend over?" He wants to make it sound like he did us a favor. He is very concerned about quality/compelling programming and would never waste our money on channels that aren't up to snuff. I know what your going to say (WFN). Well, in 2012 WFN will be broadcasting full time in glorious hd. You will actually be able to feel the bugs bite and the thrill of realing in a 10lber.

I was good to hear Charlie tell you from his own lips what I have been saying here as a rumor for the past few weeks. :)

Once again I was on the money.

Charlie again sounds foolish. You're on the mark.
Criticise Voom for repeats, lack of compelling content etc yet replaces it with stuff that has little to no HD content and that repeats at times even more!

On the money Charlie clearly looking for any way out of a contract he doesn't like.
He does it to vendors, suppliers and so what does he care for customers or even share holders?

I think Scott is referring to the 5 most watched Voom channels. They can check this somehow through our receivers.

I think they forgot to check this through three dual tuner receivers I have because they were not my 5 most watched channels by me. I think they are using the wromg data and there are other variables involved when trying to evaluate most popular channels like counting votes in an election, it is not always the most votes that wins an election. This is not an election and in my estimation it was a poor selection so like I said they screwed up somewhere and maybee my opinions have not been counted. I still respectfully do not agree and someting is wrong when they take away what is in one persons opinion their best HD programming.

:cool: Dish's litigation team is shrewd, but most certainly, not infallible. It ain't over, baby — till its over!

I'm sorry to see Voom go, but I'm happy that Charlie at least addressed it. Moreover, he actually addressed that many of the new HD channels don't have much HD on it. He even singled out World Fishing Network. He spent a little too much time talking about it. However, he addressed it.

This thread is titled "Voom addressed on the Charlie Chat" - to enter this thread and complain about people posting about Voom is ridiculous and embarrassing. If you are sick of reading about Voom, what the hell are you doing clicking on a title with the word Voom in it?

Agreed! The Voom forum monitors should scan all the other threads to censure and reprimand those who dare to use the "V" word in those threads and leave us Voomers to discuss all things Voom in peace...

Scott, I respectfully disagree. There is no way the 5 he kept were the best in my opinion and there were more than 5 that were the best channels, unless you just meant that Voom were the best channels and he kept 5
From what I have been told by various people the 5 that were kept were based on the number of people watching those channels.

Dish has software ini the boxes that keeps track of what folks are watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts