Voom Advertisement at work!

Kind of ironic, but I saw a commercial for Voom on my local Fox Sports Net (Chicago) this morning. Ummm... who's going to tell the callers that the channel that they were watching when they saw the ad for Voom is not even available on Voom? :shocked

Edit: I still have my basic cable. ;)

I get the daily email listing of HD programs from HDTV Magazine and Voom is right at the top in the main banner, but there are no program listings for Voom yet.

Probably never will be either. Too many channels. Of course they do show the premium movie channels and some of the other services like Discovery HD,

Okay....I don't know if this is a fluke, but I saw a VOOM infomercial on Saturday morning here in Atlanta. It was not of the best infomercial quality and I don't know if it will do well. I guess the problem is how do you show your niche product if the people who are seeing it cannot truely see the real product at work, unless they purchase it.

mkwillia said:
Okay....I don't know if this is a fluke, but I saw a VOOM infomercial on Saturday morning here in Atlanta. It was not of the best infomercial quality and I don't know if it will do well. I guess the problem is how do you show your niche product if the people who are seeing it cannot truely see the real product at work, unless they purchase it.
Get compotent sales people in the big stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.) with actual HD feeds directly from the STB, not networked through the whole store.

Here's an update I just received from HDTV Mag:

DTV Sets New Sales Records During First Quarter 2004

March 2004 DTV Sales Up 79 Percent

Arlington, Va., May 4, 2004 -Manufacturer-to-dealer sales of digital television (DTV) products reached new heights during the first quarter of 2004 with unit sales totaling 1.39 million and dollar revenues of more than $2.1 billion, according to figures released today by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). MORE

30 Min.

Today, I watched the Voom 30 minute paid info/commercial.
They made it sound like "free install" will end after May 31.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)