Voom and my Onkyo 601

I have all Meridian Digital Speakers - 1 Meridian 5500 Center, 4 Meridian 6000's, 2 in front 2 in the rear, 2 Meridian 33's above your head & 300 watt sub, giving you 7.1 so my Meridian 861 automatically to Dolby Digital EX.

Bill

My tv and receiver are very good in my eyes and ears. But my speakers need a serious upgrade. Bose 301 for the fronts Sony's for the center and rears and a Sony sub.

GeneWildershair said:
If I choose to watch something in say 2.0 and listen to it thru the reciever, I will
put it in pro logic. But I usually don't pipe it thru if it's not in dolby digital. I'll just listen to it thru my tv's speakers.

So my Onkyo will do all the work cool. Thanks for the help guys. I had no idea this thread would take off like this.

This is my first post here at the forum and I realize some of this is duplicated.. I just purchased Voom and have an Onkyo 601 as you do. This is a 6.1 receiver for those of you who don't know.

I'd suggest using the optical connection for your audio and the component cables (not Voom's...get better quality) for the video.

I have my receiver setup on Video1. Go into setup and select opt, then set the input channel on the TV. The receiver will automatically detect what is being broadcast and switch to the appropriate mode (Digital, which would be anything broadcast in HD). For all others, Digital will display along with whatever DSP Mode you have selected. I prefer Theater-Dimensional which will display Dolby ProLogicII next to Digital.

An added note...You can program the Motorola DSR550 for use with the Onkyo remote by using the pre-programmed code of 701 (General Instruments) in your Onkyo manual on page 68.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)