voom and recording

snaggerbob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 16, 2004
Taylorville,Illinois
I am addicted to this site! I will be getting my voom installed wed. the 8th and hope all goes well. The only downside is that I will not be able to get cbs or nbc with my ota. I will probably be keeping my cable for the locals only. I have a pioneer dvd recorder with tivo. Is there any way that I will be able to save programming from cable and satellite to my pioneer? My wife records several shows every week especially on nbc. I was also considering just hooking up another antenna to the one voom puts up to pick up nbc's analog signal, it is only about 25 miles from here and would be easy to pick up. If I did this would I be able to record anything to my pioneer this way? Are you confused? I am!

snaggerbob--
I have a Pioneer DVR7000 that records OTA and satellite channels just fine. It records in 480P at it's highest resolution, but that is usually good enough. It is at least as good as a DVD. You should have no problem using your recorder/TIVO with Voom. There is a lot of information on the recorders that are in use. MNHTUG has put together an excellent thread on recorders. Check it out--I believe that there is someone here who is using the same Pioneer recorder that you have. The thread is located in the Voom DVR forum.

snaggerbob said:
I will probably be keeping my cable for the locals only. I have a pioneer dvd recorder with tivo. Is there any way that I will be able to save programming from cable and satellite to my pioneer?
I have both Voom and cable running through my Series2 Tivo. You just click right through the channels, and would never know that there are actually two sources going into Tivo. I'm not sure if the Pioneer would be any different that the Stand-alone Tivo - I would assume it would work the same.

snaggerbob, I have a Panny hard drive/DVD recorder and run my Dish 6000 into Input 1, Voom into Input 3 and my DVHS tape deck into Input 2, all via S-Video and I get excellent results. The only downside to this unit is I have to set a timer on the stb and the recorder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)