Voom and SD Sets - Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Having been extremely pleased with Voom over these past several months, I decided to drop my cable and have Voom installed on two other SD sets. I've got a couple of questions/issues tho'.

Before the questions, let me state: Picutre quality on the SD sets is superb, couldn't ask for better and it certainly beats my cable quality (Adelphia).

Now:

1. The guide is hard to read. Any settings that could possibly improve this? Sets are 27" and 35" so it shouldn't be a screen size issue.

2. I have the picture settings for Wide to Narrow set to "Letterbox" so shouldn't the HD channels and OTA HD show up in letterbox format? They're not, they're showing up full screen so I'm not sure what's getting cut out. Or am I making a wrong assumption here?

Thanks

I have one of my VOOM box connected to my Sanyo SD 27" through Component and also agree that the pq is great. The SD looks better on that set than my HD one. I also agree that the menu is hard to read on the SD set and I have try several settings without any success. This perticular unit let me change the aspect ration so I can watch the HD channels in 16:9.

The picture look great for the shows but sucks on the menu, my guess is that the menu does not get down-converted as efficiently as the pictures.

Unfortunatly, I cannot get rid of comcast, the tree coverage around my house prevent anything besides public tv to reach my OTA...

To get so you can letterbox the HD, set the output to 1080i. The composite output will down-convert to 480i and look great on the SD set (SD looks just like it does now, HD will be letterboxed, if you have the wide--> narrow set to letterbox). The coax out does this too. I didn't try the s-video.

There isn't much you can do about the small text on the guide. I noticed that the text in the actual guide is bigger than in the the surf bar.

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts