Voom and the OTA antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Which model RCA 52" do you have? I have the D52W20. Does your HD picture look a little grainy? Did you have to adjust the geometry of your screen after getting Voom installed? I did because my picture was off to the left by about 1/4 of an inch.

Rca D52w20

Neutron said:
Which model RCA 52" do you have? I have the D52W20. Does your HD picture look a little grainy? Did you have to adjust the geometry of your screen after getting Voom installed? I did because my picture was off to the left by about 1/4 of an inch.

I have the exact same TV, I love it, some HD and SD do look grainy but i think that has to do with more in the way the show was filmed, like on the Voom exclusives where they start with a 35 MM converted film, but true HD signals are amazing (HBO, ESPNHD, TDCHD, MOOV love TANK HD, many others .
Have you the Convergence on the set to dial in the coloring, rca recommends to due it on every input and every time tv is moved and on first power up, I was having the same problem with my DVI connection,(left shift of menus) my composite connection was fine, during my last OTA local "tuning" we changed the diplex on the back of the unit (to a motorola) it fixed that problem. I had called voom about it before and said they were fixing the bug soon and they knew the motorola stb menu for shifting picture and menu alingnment was not working, Try maybe switching diplexers. do you have any problems picking up locals?

My voom setup

MR.C

I ended up going into the service menu on the RCA and shifting the H-setting over to the right. I have it hooked up on the DVI port as my 2 components (CMP1 and CMP2) are taken by DVD and Xbox respectively. Reworking the geometry didn't affect the other inputs at all.

My OTA channels come in fine!! All are at 90-93% I get every single one of them. One thing I don't like is how during the day the stuff that's not in HD has those annoying black pillar bars on the sides.

I did notice that it's the movie channels that are upconverted to HD that look a little grainy. Maybe it isn't the TV after all. The other stuff looks AWESOME!

I did do the auto convergance and it did it's little thing. I have done that on every input. I never have to do the blue or red convergance as those are already perfect.

I've thought about seperating the cables to Voom and OTA but I have the Winegard GS-2000a and I don't have the power amp for it. Not sure how good it will be if it isn't powered.

The L from Livewire on the HDNews channel is still cut off but that's the only one I see so far.

The Winegard GS2000A without power knocks it down from a green to a yellow antenna. For me personally, it is good for about 10 miles, maybe 15 miles for a strong station. I am getting 5 of my 8 channels. Since I am running seperate wires, I have to go out and get the power supply myself. Running on seperate wires, I am able to get a picture with a SQ of 28, and a Power of 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)