Voom Box is DEAD and no OTA

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Ok I went with what a few others here had posted and cancel voom on the 16th so I would not get charge anymore after that and I rad that some where still getting programing and I ask the csr if i would and she said yes I would receive programing until the end of the month, well got home today and turn it on and it say was a light blue screen of death and is says Voom is not authorized , so I call and sure enough its gone and no over the air I can do nothing but go into system settings by hitting the Green button and then #7 and then # 1 and then# 7 again for verifying voom and then to the next screen and then I hit the green button and the screen reappears and then it goes right back to the blue screen again. So NO OTA

Well this is valuable. Dont trust the CSR's and unplug the thing from sat and phone before cancelling or before 4/30/05

LOBO2999 said:
Ok I went with what a few others here had posted and cancel voom on the 16th so I would not get charge anymore after that and I rad that some where still getting programing and I ask the csr if i would and she said yes I would receive programing until the end of the month, well got home today and turn it on and it say was a light blue screen of death and is says Voom is not authorized , so I call and sure enough its gone and no over the air I can do nothing but go into system settings by hitting the Green button and then #7 and then # 1 and then# 7 again for verifying voom and then to the next screen and then I hit the green button and the screen reappears and then it goes right back to the blue screen again. So NO OTA

Same thing happened to me today. I called Voom and told them that they could cancell my account on Thursday, April 22, 2005 because I found another provider. I came home today and all my equipment was deactivated within 5 minutes of me being home.

I called Voom and asked if they could turn it back on until Wednesday and they told me no. I guess this what happens when you have pissed off CSR working there. So I will be with out TV service until Wednesday morning. I am glad my computer works and my DVDs from Netflix should be arriving tomorrow too.

Soooo... if I want to preserve my OTA but want to watch VOOM until it goes black (blue?) on April 30th, and I have 2 receivers... could I unplug the feed to one of them and leave the other connected? Reasoning being that the connected one would turn off OTA while the disconnected one would still allow OTA functions after May 1st?

You realize if you watch Voom until the very end you will have seven days to show the ending to someone else...

(sorry, obscure Ring reference)

Does that mean Jim Dolan coming out of the well to shut off the OTA function of the box?

bruce said:
Does that mean Jim Dolan coming out of the well to shut off the OTA function of the box?
No. That means that they are shutting off people trying to get a free ride until the end of the month. That is all it means. Nothing more and nothing less.

It does NOT mean that they are going to deactivate all boxes on the 30th at midnight Eastern. ;)

ota disconnect

I merely posted what CSR advised me. I disconnected after a storm blew through Central Florida and I was unable to receive any Voom HD channels - other than OTA. The CRS told me VOOM would cease to operate as of 4/30, and no one would be sent to my house to adjust my system. I cancelled my service for a refund, not for "free" service. I disconnected my entire system yesterday, as I had my own OTA receiver.

Jamey K said:
If only. I have a dog that would love to meet him.

See attached!!!

:D

Attachments

• hump1.gif
    hump1.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 475
Ronald_Jeremy said:
See attached!!!

:D

I wonder if that is Vicki's dog. :D

Same here... I cancelled my service on the 9th because i signed up with Dish and I come home today and see the "Voom not authorized" screen.
I do have my own OTA and Dish will be here Wed to hook up!
I'm going to miss VOOM but I think I will Love the 942 and 811!

Voom- Pulg Pulled 2005-04-18 - Box sDead

:mad: Plug was pulled on my "region" today.
CSR said they are starting early.

Talked about premature...I got my April 30th letter today.

that's all, i'm done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)