VOOM box remote good for anything?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbandjerk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
frozen north
I see a couple voom/starchoice box remotes on ebay. Seller claims these are for 4DTV.

Are these useful? Do they have UHF that would work with either 920 or 922?

Thanks

current ebay item# 320331363917

Last edited:
They work with just about any GI/Motorola receiver. I have an old Primestar remote that works my DSR 920, my DSR 4200 and a DSR 410. I don't know if the Voom remotes were UHF or not but it will work. :)

The Voom remote also has extra colored buttons. For example the green one allows access to the installation menu. But it will work one the other Motorola boxes as well.

Actually....

New Sc subs get the 505 for $89 after credits (from website)- existing subs are $99. No need to recycle, SC bought existing Voom inventory and modded them.

Satboyz

Funny how Starchoice got the old Voom boxes modded for there service but Motorola won't do anything like that for C band megapipe feeds, it's all digicipher. Can we say something smells rotten here? :mad:

I like the Voom receivers just for the OTA function. Too bad CBS channels make them reboot.

Just a random off topic thought...Would Starchoice firmware remap one of these receivers? Maybe something to try.

I have a Voom box and I wish I could get it to download the SC channel maps....but that aint happening anytime soon :(

I have a Voom box and I wish I could get it to download the SC channel maps....but that aint happening anytime soon :(

I think each digicipher box has to be able to accept a programmers ID. If it's not set up to see this ID it plays dead to it. Almost makes you want to mess with the software and see if there's any holes in it sort of how the 4 Play did with the channel maps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)