VOOM Comes through for us early adopters, $300 Credit toward Future Programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lizard20022000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
VOOM Comes through for us early adopters

Just got this from VOOM!!!

February 20, 2004
Dear Mark Sprague:

As one of our first VOOM customers, you and other "VOOMERS" like yourself have supported us through our early days and watched our programming lineup expand. Starting February 19th we're adding 26 new channels including 4 new HD Channels. Our new channels include HBOSM, CinemaxSM, CNNSM, TNTSM, TBSSM and Turner Classic MoviesSM, to name just a few. In total VOOM now has 34 HD channels - more than any other service provider in America. We will also now offer over 70 channels in standard definition format, with the free monthly preview extended through March 31st!

As we unveil new offers for new customers, we want to extend our appreciation for your loyalty. After all, you've been with VOOM since the beginning. Therefore we are offering you a one time $300 VOOM credit towards future monthly billing statements. This offer is for all customers who have signed up for our service prior to February 20, 2004. This credit will happen automatically, and you don't need to do anything. If you have any questions, please call one of our customer relations agents at 1.800.GET.VOOM.

We appreciate your support and your input as we continue to grow and expand our lineup of the most HDTV anywhere. Thank you for helping us to make VOOM America's best HDTV provider.

JOHN MCKEE
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, CUSTOMER OPERATIONS

Got my Email, too!

Wooooo Hoooooooo

The bailed out guys are puking. 26 new channels and a $300 rebate !

Muh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Questions:

(1) $300 after 3/31/03 or after 39 channels come online? Makes a difference
(2) Now that they have the $0 upfront promotion (assuming that it is as stated) $300/$749 = 40% return. That means that $449 was the actual payment of earlier adopters which it is still high (knowing the other two promotions $399 & $500)!

I think this is heading in the right direction and $300 is better than $0 but it seems like early adopters still are paying too much. Just my $0.02

Well the earliest adopters have got how many months of free programming with all packages? One does expect all the free programming to end some day.

Just got it as well. I do not want to assume anything here but it looks like it will happen after 3/31/04. I hope that the 39 HD channels are in place by 3/31/04. I am embracing the $300 credit (good!). So I have been 4 months with by 3/31/04 that means ($449 - $40 the boxing fight)/4 = $102.25. Ok that's my case which I have no problems with but what happened if you signed up in late Feb or January (prior to 2/20/04). I like to hear from anyone in this situation and how they feel about it!

I think it's a miracle we got the $300, and we ought to be happy with it. Considering the channels, and the fact that I haven't had a programming bill since October, I think we have a good value. I'll no longer worry about the deals new subscribers get. The more people thay get on board, the better chance we'll survive in the long run.

"I think it's a miracle we got the $300, and we ought to be happy with it. Considering the channels, and the fact that I haven't had a programming bill since October, I think we have a good value. I'll no longer worry about the deals new subscribers get. The more people thay get on board, the better chance we'll survive in the long run."

I agree whole heartedly. Voom I love you...Keep up the good work.:up:heart:up

My question is do we need to subscribe to the whole $ 100 monthly package to get the $300 credit or can we subscribe to the minimum $ 40 programming fees and use the credit that way. In other words, can I use the $ 300 credit for 7 months of minimum programming or is it simply a 3 month extension on all channels ?

Lucky,

I think you can use it any way you want. I believe that once the free period is over everyone will default to the minimum package $40/mth and then you will need to call and upgrade.

Question is what are the packages going to be? I notice the web site has taken down all the package info, so I bet they are reformulating them.

I already posted this in the $399 installed thread but here goes..

In the email they state, "This offer is for all customers who have signed up for our service prior to February 20, 2004." So I am assuming that this offer is not exclusive to only the people that spent $750+TAX set up. So basically the unlucky people who spent $750+TAX now after the $300 service credit will basically be paying $450 and the lucky few who got VOOM installed for $400+TAX will be paying basically $100 after the this $300 service credit. I'm sorry but to me that is an even bigger slap in the face!!

Am I wrong about this assumption?
Can someone who only paid $400+TAX for install please confirm or deny this?

Look as long as they keep adding and fixing problems this will satisfy the 95% of us..and they gained full time customers

Come on guys...This is really great that VOOM has done anything for us early adopters. Some appreciation is warrented. I was in at the beginning of DirectTV many years ago, and they had similar startup problems to what VOOM had (is still having). They never gave anything back to the early adopters. I was also on the Bleeding edge of the DishPlayer for Dish - nada there either. Now if VOOM wants to throw in a free PVR when it is ready, I will not be upset, and will finally be free of Dish.

This shows that this company might actually understand the concept of customer service. I think they have already shown that they understand the power of the internet with the folks that have been watching these groups.

Mark

Look from my point of view...

... I just signed up 2 weeks ago (So I haven't had months of free service) I found this forum (after I signed up) and saw that they were selling this for $350 less than what I paid.. I specifically told the CSR I talked to that spending $750+TAX is really steep and asked if there was anything I coudl do to get the price down.. He told me there was absolutely nothing he could do. That was a bold faced lie. (Probably really easy to do over the phone.) I live in California and California was one of the states that the $399 flyer applied to. Now not only are they giving the service away for $399+TAX they are now giving it away for $100 ($400 - $300 service credit) .. I'm sorry but this doesn't make me happy at all.. I think VOOM and I are going to have to part ways ..

How can they justify selling something to one person for $400 and selling the same thing to a different person (In the same period of time) for $750? There is absolutely no justification.

If you went to Best Buy and bought an XBOX for $180 and your buddy went there the same day and bought one for $100 wouldn't you feel like a chump and demand the same deal or your money back?

Sean Mota said:
Lucky,

I think you can use it any way you want. I believe that once the free period is over everyone will default to the minimum package $40/mth and then you will need to call and upgrade.

Sean,

I think it is probably the opposite where they will put everyone at the maximum of all the channels and you will have to call if you elect less. Otherwise, they would not know what plus pack you want as part of your minimum package.

My thoughts

I may not be the brightest bulb in the pack, but I made a decision in December that I would pay $749 so I could watch high definition, knowing that more channels would be added later. Bought a 43" Pioneer 4340HD, Marantz receiver, Pioneer DSR7000, and paid to have all that stuff installed and set up. I liked HD so much that I got a second TV for the workout room. Now Voom is giving back $300. Man--that's gravy.

I must be lucky, because any time I've contacted them, they've been very responsive. Both over the phone and through e-mail. I'm very satisfied, and like some of the other responders---no longer going to worry about what kind of deals are being offered to new guys. I've had free channels since December, and will have them till March 2004, then Voom is giving me $300?? Life is good!!!

The 300.00 credit can be used for additional receivers, including the new 580 when it appears, toward your programing when the billing starts..up to you entirely.

There is no minimum program package to purchase to receive this credit. It is yours to do with as you chose.

btw the whole package is now 79.90 pretty nice, huh

I don't have Voom, but this makes me look at the company differently. It is the right thing to do, and so many companies don't take this attitude. I may just have to look at getting Voom!

Good job Voom!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts