Voom Dvr

hi8is

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
i have a friend with installs inc. who just told me that vooms dvr is out in 4 months

he also said to call voom and ask them to put me on thier dvr list.... i havent done it yet, but i thought id give u all the heads up so you can try it

I already called them about a DVR list and they don't have one, at least not as of 2 months ago, they just said they would swap them out as they were available.

call in now!

1:48 PM pacific standard time, just got off the phone and I AM ON THE LIST!

THERE IS INDEED A LIST, and IN ORDER TO RECIEVE THE DVR when it comes out, you MUST BE ON THIS LIST!
CALL NOW! 1800-get-voom option 2 will work fine!

SWEET! if the CSR says they dont know about a dvr list, tell them there is one and you wanna be put on it!

i asked and the girl said, oh sure, no problem

she also said that they are SHOOTING FOR 3RD QUARTER OF THIS YEAR FOR THE DVR... that means, SOOOON! SWEET!

But what does being put on the list cost? Are they going to put me on the list then charge me $1000 dollars to my credit card when the DVR comes out. I don't know what I am talking about but it just sounds like something that would happen between me and VOOM ;)

kaw

I just called and the guy said there is no list. When I said that I know of other people who got on the list he said that he would go and "research" it. After being on hold for a couple of minutes he came back and said nope, there's no list. He said he asked several people and there definitely is no list.

He said they don't know when it's coming out -- supposed to be in 3rd quarter but "you never know if it will get pushed back" so they can test the software etc.

let me know what the supervisior says =D

thats *pottymouth word that starts with F and ends with the ing sufix* strange... let me give them a call again =D

Csr supervisor (washingtoncall center)Maria Ocha said THERE IS NO LIST... and they said DVR is no where being close to being released...

Find out CSR"S name and call center we would all like to join .....

The lady I just spoke to said her Manager was at a meeting this morning and there was no mention of a PVR or a waiting list.

there is no list indeed, ah, this is what she did... she noted my account that i want dvr... list my ass, gettin me all excited for nothing =(

DarrellP said:
That's not very appropriate language for an open forum, please edit. :mad: :no

man when that reporter said voom is like crack he wasnt kidding, Im on the phone like a crack head with the CSR, " u got it?, i got $$$, cmon, give up the rock,...plzz..." the hell with it i, not getting exciting over it again. im going to circuit city buyin a HDTV for my bedroom and maybe a tivo directv-tivo to get my fix, ill wait for the voom dvr, hopefully they get it before christmas thats when i ditch one or the other,

"That's not very appropriate language for an open forum, please edit."

Hey, if its good enough for VP Cheney, its good enough for here. :)

I just called as well and there is no DVR list. There is no word on when a DVR is coming out (or SciFi - I had to ask). I hope Hi8is is not full of it & just playing on our good graces. :mad: I'd becareful if I was him, as if he is just monkeying around the Moderator Gods may (should) come down hard...

When the DVR comes out, regardless if you can lease or just buy it, I assume $199 "professional installation" will be required when you get one?

kawdog said:
But what does being put on the list cost? Are they going to put me on the list then charge me $1000 dollars to my credit card when the DVR comes out. I don't know what I am talking about but it just sounds like something that would happen between me and VOOM ;)

kaw

Guess I'm missing the point about the "upcoming" VOOM dvr. Why not just go out and buy a dvr. I just bought a nice Toshiba RD-XS32 w/ 80GB HD at Costo.com for $440. Can't wait till I figure out how to use it. I almost bought one with TiVo but decided not to because you can't edit out commercials with Tivo dvr's.

P.S. Just received my Harmony H659 remote. This is the greatest gizmo since sliced bread!! :D

nnicko said:
Guess I'm missing the point about the "upcoming" VOOM dvr. Why not just go out and buy a dvr. I just bought a nice Toshiba RD-XS32 w/ 80GB HD at Costo.com for $440. Can't wait till I figure out how to use it. I almost bought one with TiVo but decided not to because you can't edit out commercials with Tivo dvr's.

P.S. Just received my Harmony H659 remote. This is the greatest gizmo since sliced bread!! :D
Good move nnicko, I have a Panny E85H with a 160 GB hard drive and I've burned over 100 DVD's in the last 2 months. I save movie trailers from MonstersHD and use them at the beginning of a MHD movie on a DVD, it makes it seem like your at a movie theater.

The playback quality I get is awesome, much better than SD channels but not quite as good as a real DVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)