Voom E-mail support??????

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 13, 2004
Indiana
Just curious if anyone has had luck with asking questions through the link on MY Voom page. I asked a question a few weeks ago that went like this. Will my programming costs go up by $10 at the beginning of the year 2005? Answer. Good question! I really don't know. You will have to look at your Jan bill for the answer. :shocked

At least I got a answer if somewhat of a smart ass one. But I posed the same question a few days ago on what the policy is for adding a STB and our "Grand fathered" status on programming costs along again with the previous question and have not heard back. :mad:

What is the point of a customer service question forum if all you get are a smart ass response or none at all? :confused:

Pretty sure I will be going back to Dish here in a couple of weeks. At least there you know EXACTLY where you stand and get a pretty firm answer to your question. :)

Seems to me Voom really does not give a rat's ass about their current customers or their concerns. They only care about the subscriber numbers and what they can call "New customer " sign-ups.
Thanks for letting me vent. :(

I've used it numerous times but only received a canned response such as: "We are forwarding your question to the appropriate people". I never hear back from the "appropriate" people.

Dennis in Indy, you might try posting your question on VOOM/Yahoo to "Wilt". No guantees but he often send the post along to a person(s) who will get back to you.

Yep, still listening to Sound of the Season on VOOM, Gill

OK guys. Got the official answer here in the form of my Jan bill online at My Voom. The grandfathered pricing of $79 for the VaVaVoom package is no longer there. It is now $89 per month and the STB rental is still at $9.50. GOOD BY VOOM! This is not worth the money.

Off topic...

Of course, you can always take the following immediate action in order to obtain that great New Customer Offer:

1. Receive verbal approval for $49/$5/6 month from the Escallation Department.
2. They never comply with your e-mail request to disclose the terms & conditions of this undocumented offer (wise to ask for this in writting since the offer is not posted on their website).
3. You contact Installs Inc. and get the name of the Installer.
4. Call the Installer (twice) requesting confirmation of appointment.
5. Your calls are never returned in spite of leaving home, work and cell phone numbers.
6. You cancel installation the prior day because you have no idea who or what is going to show up on your front porch.
7. Installer calls while you’re out Christmas shopping and tells you he is running three hours late for an appointment that would have already been 2 hours late if you hadn’t already canceled.
8. De-installer calls your promptly and picks up the equipment, on your schedule, 4 days ahead of schedule. :confused:
9. You contemplate ordering VOOM under the New Customer offer (which is a crock of crap for existing customers) and, although your order has been closed by Installs Inc., and they have verified that the equipment has been returned, they must wait some unknown period of time for VOOM corporate to close-out your account so you can actually order service.

It’s up to you. Of course, please understand that when the DVR finally hits the streets in the next few months, you will most likely have to go through this entire iteration to get one or else be charged a $199 installation fee for a qualified technician to expertly plug your DVR into a 115 outlet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)