Voom Experts need help with Channel Mapping errors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Just had voom installed, the tech was nice, but for some reason I am having channel mapping errors. If I press 100 which is supposed to be HDnews I get Epics, sometimes I will press 100 and will get HDNews, sometimes HDNews is 101.

how can I fix this? Also I have firmwar 5.08 I read on this site there is newer firmware how does this get updated?

Hi Dvlos
well seems there have been quite a few problems lately with channels in the wrong slots.. Some have had luck by rebooting or unplugging the box. I'm not sure if there is a real fix or if the firmware update will help.

As for the firmware, you'll get the update overnight tonight. Just leave the box on standby when you're done for the day.

Thanks well, I read ahead and I did the Left Tuning and it did nothing, so I did a full reset... how do I set the box again for 1080i? I get squigglies on my TV right now..

Dvlos said:
how do I set the box again for 1080i? I get squigglies on my TV right now..

Red button under the little door on the right front of the reciever.
top bar light flashing = 1080i, next down 720p, then 480p, then 480i then all flashing = auto

It looks like the factory reset worked, channel 100 is HDNews again, but that's the only channel I can see... do I have to call Voom now to reset this?

Man that's the only channel I can get... this is retarded I had Voom for like 1 hour and it never worked right!!!

They did but after factory reset, I can only get one channel again, Voom tried to reset on the phone and she said it can't because it's not updated firmware which is BS because I had channels before, the WRONG ones, but I had all the channels.

man things are definately wierd, I do a authorization reset, and it never finishes, it just sits there with that menu saying Auth reset is in progress.

I did like 5 more factory resets and the same thing happens, now instead of HDNEws on 100 i have some wierd movie channel...le sigh...

Can you get to where the sat dish is mounted? I'd double check his connections. Did he use a diplexer at the sat dish? If he did, try disconnecting it (to see if it's bad) and have a straight feed from the dish to the reciever.

Ok, called CS multiple times, the solutions were all the same, soft boot, power cycle, they send a signal...

Channels came up late last night, I left the receiver off all night, woke up at 7am... nothing.. just flashing yellow lights...2 hours later still the same thing...CS had me power cycle, soft boot, and they wanted me to see if the TV displayed numbers it didnt or so I thought.. I connected a RCA cable and bingo numbers... although I have no idea if its working or not... CS just told me to wait another hour...

What's a diplexer?

Well he came today to install the 2nd receiver, he didn't have it yesterday, I asked him to unplug the downloading receiver and put it upstairs, this stopped the 2 hour and 45 minute download that just wasnt happening, upon installing it upstairs it workd, but still had ver 5.08 - channel mapping errors.

He installed the new one downstairs, which also still has version 5.08.. and you guessed it channel mapping errors...

hopefully tonight it will work... been having intermittent channel errors, and while I haven't checked there has to be a diplexer because the OTA and Voom dish all feed into the house on 1 coax. It's rainy season in south florida, and I think a shower or something might have stopped the dl on the receiver... why isn't there a way to download firmware to this using a laptop or pc? that would be so much easier in my situation.

Dvlos said:
and while I haven't checked there has to be a diplexer because the OTA and Voom dish all feed into the house on 1 coax.

Theres been known issues with the quality of the diplexer and/or improperly installed ones.

Do yourself a favor if you have access to the Sat dish and check the connections at the diplexer and do as I suggested earlier and connect temporarily (to find out if the diplexer is the cause of problems) the Sat dish sans the antenna straight to your V* reciever.

Is there any HOWTO guide on that? It updated to version 5.68 last night on both receivers... HOWEVER... the channel mapping errors are still there. I unplugged both for about 5 minutes and reconnected them, however if I disconnect the diplexer then that means I lose my OTA channels? If this fixes the problem however, what do I do complain to Voom?

I see the potential in Voom, the problem is since day 1 things have gone awry, I think VOom's already billed my CC and I still don't have fully functional service. Also it seems as if there is a cloud in the sky I start getting dropped channels, I might start campaigning for a bigger dish size.

Dvlos,

you can get rid of the diplexer but you will have to run an extra line. I know some people have also bought the Radio Shack diplexer and this one has worked with VOOM. I would also try that.

I would make all complains to VOOM and also send an email to Wilt Hildenbrand regarding your problems (including the bigger dish). His email: "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net.

Thanks Sean, who is Wilt Hildenbrand though? In relation to all things Voom?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)