VOOM OTA local mapping delay?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

babakanoosh

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
I just got installed 4 hours ago. Went well except locals are not mapped into guide. The installer said it can take up to 24 hours for the STB to get that info. Is that true?

BTW I am using my own antenna which works perfectly with my Samsung SIR-T151 HDTV receiver so I know I can get all the locals.

babakanoosh said:
BTW I am using my own antenna which works perfectly with my Samsung SIR-T151 HDTV receiver so I know I can get all the locals.

Sentences like this crack me up. Just because you can get all your locals on another receiver doesn't mean you will get them. Voom is not very good about mapping locals. there will most likely be one or two missing until voom releases the next STB software update which will allow you to manually scan for local channels.

I can pick up ABC here on my Sony HD-100 and my iTech Access DTV, but not on my ProScan PSHD-105, my RCA DTC-100, My Samsung SIR-T165 or my Voom Receiver. So, can I pick up ABC or not? I guess it depends on which receiver I am using...

Maybe I asked it wrong.......
There are NO locals mapped. The installer said it takes 24 hours for that info to download. Is that true???

The Voom site shows all my locals should be mapped.

babakanoosh said:
Maybe I asked it wrong.......
There are NO locals mapped. The installer said it takes 24 hours for that info to download. Is that true???

The Voom site shows all my locals should be mapped.

So, what local numbers are showing now? Take a careful look at all channels.

Showing 0-4, 0-8 0-10. I don't even know what those are. NONE of my locals are showing. I should have
4-1
6-1
9-1
11-1
13-1
27-1
30-1
58-1

These are all listed in Voom's on-line channel guide for my area, and they are real, I get them on my other receiver.

The question is.... Is it true as the installer said today that it can take up to 24 hours for Voom to download this info to my STB?

I would just call Voom and ask but as you know they don't answer the phone.

Call voom and have them send a hit to the box. It might take a few hits. Get option 1 to get an operator. The locals should not take 24 hrs.

Well, everyone was right. After 24 hours they are there. I think the installer didn't want to call in for an immediate update because the phone waits are so long.

The really good news is the VOOM Ota tuner works really well. That is compared to the Dish 811 that I no longer have because it was so bad.

Now that I am VOOMing I will be posting on this forum rather than Dish. Farewell Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)