Voom: extra 5 dollars but 198.00 for the dish ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnnnybrauvo

Original poster
May 22, 2005
I just barely found this site and had no idea that Dish Network subscribers could now get 10 more HD stations . I am a subscriber to Dish's HD package .

So , after I found out about the new stations I was pumped and called Dish right away to order . I thought 5 dollars more ? Thats nothing !

But the lady told me that I need another dish installed and that would cost 198 dollars .

Did everyone have to buy another dish ?

Also, just a quick question , does Dish provide an OTA antenna ? Or do I have to buy one myself. I actually have an amplified Terk that worked awesomely until I moved here . Its range was 45 miles and I moved 45.9 miles away and get low 60's signal.

Just wondering if they offer an OTA like I've heard Direct TV does .

Thanks !

They told me it would be 100 dollars, but after they installed it, they split the cost with me, so it was 50 dollars

if any of your local channels come off of the second dish, they will come put it in for free.... if thats why you tell them you need the second dish.
if you tell them you want it for the voom channels they should charge you about a $100 bucks.

I believe it was reported that if your setup requires a DPP44 switch, they will now charge $198 instead of $100 for the second dish install.

I paid the $198 for the Dish, LNB, mast, switch, 811, cabling and nearly 3 hours of labor to install on my two story house with twelve-foot ceilings. I'd say I got my money's worth and then some.

Cool !

Thanks for the feedback ! I actually am going to get it installed anyways , I cant pass up the Hi Def Anime !

I dont know if I'm becoming a Hi Def snob or WHAT...but 'regular' channels look so crappy .

So the more hi def channels I can get the better .

Again , thanks !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)