Voom F***ed up PG Strikes Again

Hey! This PG screw-up is actually a welcomed surprise! A Hard Day's Night is showing. The PG says "Rave in Concert" - doesn't say who, just that the singers perform songs off their albums. Methinks I like the Beatles better.

I thought that there might be an ongoing "screwed up program guide" thread, as I have been frustrated like many of you.

Rave listed Alison Krause when they played A Hard Day's Night, and The Producers no showr eally pissed me off.

And Gunslingers hasn't shown a Western movie in a while now. What's with that?

You get the sense that nobody in charge at Voom actually watches it. Maybe they still have Directv or Dish for their families.

Shelly

TheTimm said:
Hey! This PG screw-up is actually a welcomed surprise! A Hard Day's Night is showing. The PG says "Rave in Concert" - doesn't say who, just that the singers perform songs off their albums. Methinks I like the Beatles better.
I never know what is on Rave. I dont even look at the PG for that ch. Its very frustrating.

vinnyv07 said:
I never know what is on Rave. I dont even look at the PG for that ch. Its very frustrating.
Yes, it is frustrating. It's kinda like Christmas morning after you've snooped for your gifts and are expecting something you really want but it turns out it was returned for some reason - you can't even ask why - and instead you get something totally unexpected, which sometimes is good but usually just breaks your little heart. Suddenly I have an urge to cry :( ... if you'll excuse me, I think I need to call my shrink... ;)

What's going to happen when we get a DVR and sit down after waiting for days to watch a great show and it's a Matlock rerun? Voom needs to fix this real quick!

I think they demoted the Voom Guide Guy to "Movie Player Guy" on Cinema10, and now he is exacting his revenge for all the complaints levied against him by this forum!

Well, I checked this morning, and Ran didn't make it! :( It's Madadayo again. Also by Akira Kurosawa and a good movie too, but where is Ran? Let's see if Fellini's Satyricon is shown today as promised...

jgantert said:
Actually, Gunslingers moved to 101, even though the EPG still lists it as 109.

-John

There are no westerns showing this morning/afternoon on 101.

Gunslingers is no more. Boo to Voom.

Shelly

Actually I saw Fellini's Satyricon (I think). The PG was really messed up for this channel so when it show this movie on the PG another one appear but in order to see it you need to tune to it like a half hour before the end. That's when it started.

When I turned it on last night it was showing Fellini's Roma, I believe...
Very frustrating!

Voom is the undisputed leader in HD channels.

It's a good thing they never claim to be the leader in PG accuracy.

Voom users must have a ton of time on their hands since no DVR exists and you have to stumble around their guide with your fingers crossed hoping it's not The Cabbage Patch Kids instead of Fellini's Satyricon

Call this a negative post if you want.
It will make my day.

txcruiser said:
Voom users must have a ton of time on their hands since no DVR exists and you have to stumble around their guide with your fingers crossed hoping it's not The Cabbage Patch Kids instead of Fellini's Satyricon.

Yeah, I've stumbled upon the Garbage Pail Kids as well. Gag!

-John

txcruiser said:
Voom is the undisputed leader in HD channels.
I agree! And that's what really matters! Thanks for reminding about the priorities. ;)
It is annoying when one Fellini movie is replaced with another Fellini movie, or when one Kurosawa movie is replaced with another Kurosawa movie. But what really matters to me, is the privilege of watching Fellini and Kurosawa in HD. And I thank VOOM for that!

From their Q & A (not T & A) page:

Why did a program not air at the time indicated on VOOM’s online program guide?
Question
Why did a program not air at the time indicated on VOOM's online program guide?
Answer
At VOOM, we work hard to keep the online program guide updated and accurate. In some cases, when shows start at off-times (instead of on the hour or half-hour), the exact time is not reflected in the online program guide. In other cases, channels change their programming lineup without notice. We apologize for these inconsistencies and will continue to make every effort to improve the online guide. If possible, please consult the on-screen menu for the most accurate information.

DarrellP said:

At VOOM, we work hard to keep the online program guide updated and accurate.
Yikes! This means they're idiots! Here I was assuming that they put no effort whatsoever into that joke of a program guide. You mean this is really the best they can do? Scary... :shocked

DarrellP said:

In other cases, channels change their programming lineup without notice.
um. . . is it just me, or are the only channels that are ever wrong Voom's own exclusives?! So they change their own programming lineup without notifying themselves? They should send themselves to the Escalation Department and get nothing done about this! :rolleyes: