Voom Going in March 2nd

schrader

Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
I have Voom scheduled for March 2nd. Wish me luck.

Looks like Voom is backing off adding more channels in March. Press releases are gone. Bummer.
I guess Voom doesn't have enough money to add more channels.

Where I am at in Winston Salem NC, The off air towers are north and south of me by less than 30 miles, so I hope the antenna they bring will work also.

schrader said:
Where I am at in Winston Salem NC, The off air towers are north and south of me by less than 30 miles, so I hope the antenna they bring will work also.

If the terrain there is relatively flat you should be ok. I live less than 15 miles from the furthest station here in pittsburgh and I'm not getting the closest one (6 miles, and they are at full power) and one of the further ones cuts in and out for no apparent reason.

The good news is that VOOM has offered to send someone out to try to fix it, but I haven't scheduled it yet.

zombie, sounds like you might be getting your STB overloaded with OTA signal. I've heard this could be a problem if you are using VOOM's usual amplified antenna.

Still VOOMing and clouds are increasing (rain promised!) in Seattle, Gill

When I read the title of this thread, I thought we had a new VOOM DOOM date. Glad we all can breath easier. Good luck with your install. Mine was great and so was the follow-up service.

Installed

The install yesterday went pretty well yesterday. I would not say the installer was a wizard with Voom but he was willing and able.
My install consisted of keeping basic cable, an off air antenna to one set and Voom to 3 receivers. Which confused the installer, but since I have done it before, it wasn't too much of a problem.
When we went to activate the 3 receivers, one came up right away one came up right away, but the other 2 had problems. This may have been because of Voom itself having a lag time with the activation hit.
Fortunatley he had 2 more receivers with him, one came up right away, but the other still had a problem. Put the original receiver back in place and waited about an hour ant then it came to life.
I would say it wasn't bad compared to the other installs you read about.

Ota antenna was the GS 2200. I told him the stations were north and south of me. He said it was a directional antenna, web site says bidirection.
Not sure if it is pointed in the perfect direction. (Zip Code 27107)
But I am getting my locals. NBC is lockin up so will adjust myself.

Antenna is in the Attic. I don't want it on my house. Since Fox is low power he was shocked when that came in at 99.

Only problem now is no program guide yet. I see othe people are having this problem too.

Thanks for all the info on this site. It helped me for sure.

Mine was installed on March 1st (what a day!)... and the guys did a very, very good job.

They gave me one of those same Winegard GS2000's... and man, it surely is pure looks because it sucks. Right now I live in an apartment (temporarily), but as soon as I move to my new house, I will buy a nice 8-bay antenna from the guys @ Antennas Direct.

The H said:
Mine was installed on March 1st (what a day!)... and the guys did a very, very good job.

They gave me one of those same Winegard GS2000's... and man, it surely is pure looks because it sucks. Right now I live in an apartment (temporarily), but as soon as I move to my new house, I will buy a nice 8-bay antenna from the guys @ Antennas Direct.

go with the winegard hd8200 bad ass ota getting denver locals from 70+miles its quite pricy though

you should call voom and request an upgrade. they upgraded me to the channelmaster 8 bay, now if i could just get them back to install it right!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts