Voom Equipment

chino

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
What are you to do with the Voom eguipment? Will they be picking any of It Up?

chino said:
What are you to do with the Voom eguipment? Will they be picking any of It Up?

it has been said that voom will contact each sub with what to do with boxes

t

chino said:
Will Voom take the Satellite Dish down?

I would call Voom and cancell your account and ask them to come get the receivers and also take the dish down. The CSR will make a note of on your account.

I received a letter from voom yesterday in which is stated that voom will be ending service on the 30th. It also said that all I need to do as a customer is search for a new provider for tv broadcast. No mention of returning the boxes or dish. Sounds like they aren't going to waste their time and money to get back a useless piece of hardware.

amp said:
I received a letter from voom yesterday in which is stated that voom will be ending service on the 30th. It also said that all I need to do as a customer is search for a new provider for tv broadcast. No mention of returning the boxes or dish. Sounds like they aren't going to waste their time and money to get back a useless piece of hardware.
Did ya notice that the voOm Logo on the envolope and inside the letter the it was black not the rainbow colors.....

I am going to box up all the Voom equipment and place them in the attic. I am thinking about using one Voom stb for OTA since my cable company doesn't have all the locals in HD yet.

Let's quit guessing and speculating over this.......

It's been stated that the returning of boxes as of right now is only rumors!! There has been no official word as of yet on returning the Voom receivers. Voom has not made an official announcement on this and it was stated that any announcement on this would come about probably this week. I know CSR's are saying that they will indeed pick up receivers, but we all know that they have been wrong in the past, especially on the Friday after the board meeting when they were stating that everything was a-ok and that they weren't going to shut down at all.

lilyarbie said:
It's been stated that the returning of boxes as of right now is only rumors!! There has been no official word as of yet on returning the Voom receivers. Voom has not made an official announcement on this and it was stated that any announcement on this would come about probably this week. I know CSR's are saying that they will indeed pick up receivers, but we all know that they have been wrong in the past, especially on the Friday after the board meeting when they were stating that everything was a-ok and that they weren't going to shut down at all.

yeah but to give the CSR the benfit of the doubt i am sure they had not been told anything at that point .

I would have to be contacted by VOOM itself before I release my STB or other equipment to anyone. An installer calling me saying he is going to pick it up will not work. VOOM will also have to agree to remove the dish as well. I did not pay for it and don't want. Now if they have an agreement with another provider as an incentive...that I might look but I would have to hear it from VOOM via emal or letter.

Dog6869 said:
Did ya notice that the voOm Logo on the envolope and inside the letter the it was black not the rainbow colors.....

Its cheaper to print in black and white than color.

jimmykce1 said:
Its cheaper to print in black and white than color.
Yeah they are really keeping costs down over there..
Imagine they saved a few cents per mailing.. Now imagine the cost of shipping back the Equipment (at least 15-20$ a box via ground).
Maybe its a sign that they plan to abandon the equipment.

zombie said:
Yeah they are really keeping costs down over there..
Imagine they saved a few cents per mailing.. Now imagine the cost of shipping back the Equipment (at least 15-20$ a box via ground).
Maybe its a sign that they plan to abandon the equipment.

The unknown here is if Voom actually owns the equipment or if they lease it from Motorola. If they do lease it then they will only get credit from Motorola for returned units. If they own them, or if Motorola does not want them back, then it would seem sensible for Voom to abandon them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)