voom equipment after they go out of business

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
since the end is near, i am wondering if the voom equipment, dishes to be exact, will be worth buying up after the company folds. can the dishes be used for dish or direct? i know the receivers will pretty much be trash. I am just trying to figure out what to buy up to resell when i hit the garage sales after the voom failure.

Where do you get your info from? Insider trading? Dump your stock now!!! I expect VOOM to fold also but I expect Dish to buy their sats. We will see.....but I think they will make it to next year. Enjoying Voom for the time we have it.

I guess i should not have said "near" since it could be taken out of context. I too, think they will make it through the year with one last holiday push. you would be surprised how cheap you can pick up the dishes for at garage sales, 1 - 5 bucks in some cases. you can usually turn around and sell them and make a little bit of a profit. Plus, it is always good to have spare parts. I am hoping to pick up a couple of their 24 inch dishes.

squaretie said:
www.voom.com

Call 1-800-GET-VOOM if you want confirmation...

Why the h*ll did you post this and waste everyone's bandwidth?

You replied to a post from October 2004!!!!

Why do some people just love posting all over the forums that voom is dead!

We all know it, why keep posting it or answering posts from 6 MONTHS ago?

philhu said:
We all know it, why keep posting it or answering posts from 6 MONTHS ago?

Because these people are a-holes and aparently think the VOOMers haven't suffered enough. Although even with just OTA my VOOM STB still receives more HDTV channels than are on E* or D*. You know justice is blind so lets all pray for a coronal mass ejection that wipes out all satellites.

As for 0s and 1s, blow it out your *ss.

Mr. Congressman, Mr. Chair...

From 10-10-04!!!

vinnyv07 said:
Where do you get your info from? Insider trading? Dump your stock now!!! I expect VOOM to fold also but I expect Dish to buy their sats. We will see.....but I think they will make it to next year. Enjoying Voom for the time we have it.

In light of all that's just transpired this post puts an evil twist in our recent Voomer experience. Have we all been taken for a ride? This is one for the Congressional committee to cause to pause for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts