Voom Installed Today

ericpd said:
Congrats Arlo! Sounds like yours went smoothly from the jump. I envy you! I'm sure you won't regret puttin' VoOm on the other side of your HD screen. I haven't. But believe me, I find myself standing in front of my mit with remote in hand and justa scratching my head from time to time, but these folks in here have a way of clearing things up. Amazing! And because of that, my biggest frustration now is getting the DirecTV channel map out of my head and re-learning where VoOm has put everything. Sorta like the frustration I feel after my wife cleans the house,... I can't find nothin' any more! Congress needs to hold a meeting and establish some standards here,... so that Sci-Fi is always on channel 244, Spike is always on channel 325, CNN is always on channel 202 and so on. No folks I'm just kidding. I should have VoOm's channel map down in a week or so!

You should be on an INSTALLER's side of the remote!!!!!! ;) We have to learn and re-learn remotes, channel guides, satellite positions that change, not to mention dozens of television brands and types and how to make them work for the customer with the satellite equiptment we install. we also have to figure out how to make the satellite signal record on a VCR & DVD recorder. and then TEACH the customer all that he/she needs to know how to use the remote & satellite receiver in a few minutes. :yes

BryanSR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)