Voom Installed Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, I'm well past the 1 hour mark, more like an hour and a half and I'm still looking at a black screen. I'm beginning to wonder if something is stuck. All three screens are blank and have been that way at least for an hour. My upstairs unit did stick on a screen with the message about my access card. Asked me to insure that it was the right one and that it was seated properly. So I called the 1-800 # in the message, gave the guy the card # (the # starting with the 5 zeros on the back), then the last 4 digits of the receiver #. He said he sent a refresh and the message went away. But I'm wondering if that fix everything that might have been wrong.

Where's T when you really need her.

ericpd said:
Well, I'm well past the 1 hour mark, more like an hour and a half and I'm still looking at a black screen. I'm beginning to wonder if something is stuck. All three screens are blank and have been that way at least for an hour. My upstairs unit did stick on a screen with the message about my access card. Asked me to insure that it was the right one and that it was seated properly. So I called the 1-800 # in the message, gave the guy the card # (the # starting with the 5 zeros on the back), then the last 4 digits of the receiver #. He said he sent a refresh and the message went away. But I'm wondering if that fix everything that might have been wrong.

On my main set it didn't like the default 720p that the reciever booted to and it just gave me a black screen until I flipped down the little door and selected 1080i manually.

Another one on my STBs (connected to an analog set) sometimes boots to a black screen indefinately (and then seems to just power itself off) if power gets interrupted to it. A 30 second reset seems to cure it though. It hasn't done it again since that first week post install.

You might try holding down the power button at least 30 seconds on one of the STBS if they don't come up in the next hour or so. Do you / did you at least see the big Voom logo on boot up?

Shawn

ericpd said:

eric
I am here are you still have problems the access card messeage is the norm you should all most be done if you got that message.

let me know

t

Oh I'm really VoOmin' now Tyork. Everything is just fine. Shortly after my last post, I called in and the guy re-flashed each receiver and things are just fine. Only had one freeze, but it was momentary and the STB suddenly came back to life. Weird though, the sound was still moving but not the picture. The only complaint I have is my locals. I can only get 3 of the 7 channels most Baltimoreans are used to enjoying. And that's it.

I tell you what, VoOm really makes this new 65" mit shine. I am fat and happy. Read something today about VoOm picking up Sirrus Radio. Anyone here hear the same? The same article said that Dish Network already has it.

ericpd said:
Oh I'm really VoOmin' now Tyork. Everything is just fine. Shortly after my last post, I called in and the guy re-flashed each receiver and things are just fine. Only had one freeze, but it was momentary and the STB suddenly came back to life. Weird though, the sound was still moving but not the picture. The only complaint I have is my locals. I can only get 3 of the 7 channels most Baltimoreans are used to enjoying. And that's it.

I tell you what, VoOm really makes this new 65" mit shine. I am fat and happy. Read something today about VoOm picking up Sirrus Radio. Anyone here hear the same? The same article said that Dish Network already has it.

glad to here you are vooming , what is you zip code and what kind of antenna did you use?

My zip is 21133. And as for the Antenna, I would imagine it's the standard one I hear everyone talkling about. Looks a little like a blade off of a gas lawn mower, it's gray with a gray plastic piece in the center where it's mounted to the post. Since the installer left before I was able to see any picture on the screen. I remember seeing him pull up a menu screen showing signal strength and said my locals should be fine. However, in actual combat, they aren't. Guess I'll call tomorrow and see if there's anything they can do over the air or phone.

eric,

not sure what channel you are getting but look to me like you should be getting all of you station but maybe pbs and upn what may be wrong here you the antenna they used may be to strong cause you are only 8 miles from the station you may need a non amp antenna

so yeah call them tomarrow or call then tonight and get the workorder in now they are there

t

TYORK said:
eric,

not sure what channel you are getting but look to me like you should be getting all of you station but maybe pbs and upn what may be wrong here you the antenna they used may be to strong cause you are only 8 miles from the station you may need a non amp antenna

so yeah call them tomarrow or call then tonight and get the workorder in now they are there

t

that is the most incoherent and asinine statement i think i have ever read on here, every one on this site that read it is now dumber for having read it, may almighty GOD have mercy on your soul....... :yes

dragon002 said:
that is the most incoherent and asinine statement i think i have ever read on here, every one on this site that read it is now dumber for having read it, may almighty GOD have mercy on your soul....... :yes

WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU

Eric just call voom he don't know what he is talking about......

The antenna is a wineguard sensor...... if you are not recieving locals or the signal is low on the bar.... there are a few sugg.... first I need to know what the signal is for a RF number.... the biggest problem with the sensor is not being connected through the satellite combiner.... or vice versa.... let me know what RF strength you have, I will help you from there....

Also, if you can find your combiner..... should be beside the ground block, as it should be grounded.. let me know if it has Black writing or Red writing on it.... yes it matters

im sure t and vini vicki and danielle will be screaming to the mods for protection tomorrow, as far as i can see this an open posting area not a commercial for VOOM

dragon002 said:
im sure t and vini vicki and danielle will be screaming to the mods for protection tomorrow, as far as i can see this an open posting area not a commercial for VOOM

no i want be sceaming to anyone if they fill i need a vac. than i will take it but yeah this is a voom forum so what are you still doing here. mr d*

What is it with Dragon ya'll? He reminds me of the little weasle (or fox) character on my youngest son's fav TV show,... Dora The Explorer. Maybe if you guys chant together, all at once, "Swiper no swiping, Swiper no swiping, Swiper no swiping", just maybe he'll stop bashing you folks. He seems to have a special thing for you T!! What's up Dragon? Why all da hate man?

Gimme a sec mudpup, I'm gonna go to the menu to find the RF strength (you'll probably get the tomorrow as it is 1:30 a.m.). If I'm not mistaken, I believe I saw that somewhere in the installer wizard menus.

Oh, almost forgot. I saw in the audio menu three options (compressed high, compressed low and no compression) what exactly will this do to my sound? I can't seem to hear any difference between the settings and I can't find any mention of it in this cheesy 550 pamphlet. Thanks

dragon002 said:
as far as i can see this an open posting area not a commercial for VOOM
This is not a chat room! There are rules here. Some of these rules are very simple and straightforward, like Stay on topic! Do not allow personal attacks...
So, can we all please focus on the topic of the thread! Thanks! ;)

Ok mudpup, I think this is what you asked of me:

RF 29 (WMPT), Strength 83, no show
RF 38 (WJZ), Strength 99, clear picture
RF 40 (WB54), Strength 81, no show
RF 46 (Fox45), Strength 84, no show
RF 52 (WMAR), Strength 99, clear picture
RF 59 (WBAL), Strength 99, clear picture

The other station we Baltimoreans are used to doesn't even show up in my scan. These are the only three I can get. Now each of them have two flavors of HD. WMAR channel 2 actually has three HD stations, one wide screen, one normal screen and one weather Doppler sat screen.

ericpd said:
Oh, almost forgot. I saw in the audio menu three options (compressed high, compressed low and no compression) what exactly will this do to my sound? I can't seem to hear any difference between the settings and I can't find any mention of it in this cheesy 550 pamphlet. Thanks
Compression reduces the dynamic range: the loudest sounds don't sound too loud. This is called "Night mode" in some receivers. If you don't have anyone sleeping next door turn off the compression!

eric,
You can have them try 2 things here adjust you antenna more to the 119* Orientation or you can put a dc block inline to block the power to the antenna,
I can just tell you that the job that Dragon keep talking about that is way i was there for so long it was doing the same thing but the antenna was to stong and i ended up putting a Channel Master 3016 with no amp and it worked fine and my customer was about the same distance from the tower as you are.

tyork

Got it Ilya. Somehow I was expecting it have some other kind a affect on things. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)